Best Transfer 11/12

Sergio

Sergison
So, the dust has settled on the Summers transfer activity, and we have had some time to see the deals in action - though still much time for things to change. But now there is atleast a chance to see and say what the transfers that look the best bits of business are, the start of an on going conversation rather than a conclusion at this point.

Bearing in mind this is not just simply what new signing is playing the best, its more an appreciation of the work of the Zubi's and Galliani's of the game, so who pulled of the biggest steal, cost to effect I guess.

To me, the shortlist (too be added to of course) to get things started would be:

Andrea Pirlo, Juventus - Free
Alberto Aquilani, Milan - Loan
Antonio Nocerino, Milan - €2.7m (plus half of Milan youngster Ferreira)
Miralem Pjanić, Roma - €11m
Gökhan İnler, Napoli - €13m
Sebastián Coates, Liverpool - €7.5m
Diego Lugano, PSG - €3m
Arda Turan, Atletico Madrid - €12m
Víctor Ruiz, Valencia - €8m

More suggestions please.

For me, Juve look to have pulled off the best deal at this early stage, they have added a multiple CL and WC winner, who has been made the centre pice of a mess of a team and made them, seemingly, Serie A title contenders overnight - for FREE. Longer term, I am torn between Nocerino - Italian international already playing very well at Milan for under 3m. Or İnler, certainly one of the best in his position there is, so for Napoli to pull of a player of that profile and at a good price is also a very shrewd deal.

Sergio

Sergison
I considered it, he may well be a good deal. But I swayed to not including him as in € his fee works out at about 18M, very pricey compared to all of the above, sorta detracts from the idea of shrewd business, bargains if you will.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Andrea Pirlo easy, on fire for both Juve/NT running things with his eyes shut Xavi style, also for free, very sad to see him leave Milan :(

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Nacho Monreal, Málaga - €6M
Jérémy Toulalan, Málaga - €10M
Alex Sandro, Porto - €9.6M (considering they will sell him for about 3 times that in a few years)
Fernando Cavenaghi, River Plate - Free

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Santi Cazorla - Malaga - 20m
Pizza and alcohol - Levante - unknown

aaaand...

refs - RM - unknown

DucdeOrléans

Cesc (29 million euros for the best midfielder outside of FCB, says pretty much everything), Jerome Boateng (13,5 million euros) for a 23 year old German international and former City player that have been a key part in Bayern's outstanding record of not conceding a goal. Gabriel Torje (Udinese, undisclosed but apparently it was 5,5 million euros and he looks like a real talent).

Varene (10 million euros) for one of the brightest talents on his position and still only 18 years of age.

Salvatore Siragu (3 million euros), Ménez (8 million euros) and Matuidi (10 million euros) are also worth a mention.

Home of Barca Fans