Wilfred Kaptoum

Tonykross

Nope, there does seem to be a little bit of stagnation which isn't unusual at this age level, IMO

No that's not true, I've watched him this year and he is been very good, Jordi Vinal has his way of doing things, he gives more playing time to the senior guys, Eugene was coming off the bench last year, and this year he is a starter, next year Kaptoum will also be a starter.

Culeinho

Im just watching Barca now in the Uefa Yth league and am really impressed by Wlllie Kaptoum. I can see why people have mentioned similarities to Zidane as he is a real classy graceful player & a couple of the things I saw him do during this match reminded me of Zidane & I hadnt heard of Kaptoum before today... Looks a fantastic prospect. I hope we hang on to him.

fcbdna

Banned
I always double doubt a talent from Africa. You never are sure how old those guys actually are.

Never seen this post before. . . Its actually stereotypical,bashful and racist. If you are allowed to say words like these. I guess I am allowed to assume you are an imbecilic moron of the purest form .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Realistically, he'll probably spend another year in Juvenil A since he hasn't become a starter there yet, then 2 years in the B team, then either take the route of slowly training with the first team and being reserve or going out on loan for playing time. All of that is 4 years which would be foundation for him to break in as a true rotational player in the first team capable of fighting for a starting place.

There's room for him IF Samper doesn't become more mobile, we don't buy Oliver from Atletico, and the CM we do buy for the next few years is transitional and not long term (someone like Pjanic who is great for depth and to backup Xavi or even act as a starter for a while or Rafinha playing a slightly deeper role for a few years).

It's difficult for Kaptoum but he has so much quality and fits like a glove (much better movement than Samper, natural Barca CM unlike Rafinha, free unlike Oliver and with better physicality). Too many options in the future for Kaptoum to have an easy and direct chance, but if he has the opportunity his success would be one of the best of the options I believe simply due to his perfect style for the role and great talent.

Before I get ahead of myself, I understand that there are a LOT of ifs before we even realistically think of him in the first team. He still has to move up to Barca B and I think it just might be possible for next season if he can earn the trust of Vinyals for the remainder of this year as a starter and the B team gets a new coach who appreciates his talent. If Tata noticed Kaptoum when he took over, it's certain that someone like Oscar Garcia would if he became B coach.

coura

Banned
Never seen this post before. . . Its actually stereotypical,bashful and racist. If you are allowed to say words like these. I guess I am allowed to assume you are an imbecilic moron of the purest form .

Calm down. He´s right. There dozens of african and some brazilian who lie about their age. Just look at the 17 year old that Lazio bought in January lol. Obafemi Martins, Taribo West, etc. Many examples. I see a lot in Portugal youth teams: they impress because of the physical and then they disappear.

ng3036048.jpg

jamrock

always fun to see a play you noticed from way back when coming good, lets see if he has what it takes to make it.

didn't see him play today though.

what ever happen to meva another one i really liked

khaled_a_d

Calm down. He´s right. There dozens of african and some brazilian who lie about their age. Just look at the 17 year old that Lazio bought in January lol. Obafemi Martins, Taribo West, etc. Many examples. I see a lot in Portugal youth teams: they impress because of the physical and then they disappear.

ng3036048.jpg

Medically players age can be confirmed at their teens by MRI (which can be really accurate) and even with Panoramic X-ray for their teeth ,to say that players of that age lies about their age while possibly true in many cases it is still ignorant in young players at Europian club ,it is actually an insult to their medical stuff ,there is a reason why Lazio president was furious because ppl were stupid enough to judge Joseph Minala by his look to say he is older than his age

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Kaptoum never shone thanks to his physique (which wasn't that superior to his peers) but rather his technical ability

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This boy :worthy:

Showed so much playing intelligence and technical ability today. He's tailor made for the Barca system. Always on the move to provide passing options, always taking touches into space, graceful dribbling and technique, perfect Xaviesta turns, brilliant passing range. He's so good both as an individual and in connection with teammates. The next great pure CM to come out of La Masia.

He should be promoted to Barcelona B. I think Eusebio likes him as well considering he and Riera were the only Juvenil players in the squad and he got so much playing time as well as a chance to take the penalty in the shootout. He should do preseason with the first team too considering Samper did it before his promotion to Barca B.

Home of Barca Fans