User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Wilfred Kaptoum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see much room for incoming midfielders in the first team and there's no way Kaptoum beats Samper or Alena there, imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaptoum has regressed tbh, kid had all the potential but injuries hindered his development.
    He will probably have to "move on" next season,he was actually close from being loaned.
    As for promoted players Marlon & Alena are my bets,Alena seem to be the best talent we had since Thiago,very few holes in his game in comparison to the likes of Samper,Munir etc. Nili & Palancia comes next. There was also that DM that played in Catalan cup?Carbonell I think?
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 22nd March 2017 at 10:35 AM.

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he still injured? Why isn't he playing much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really this player, hope he can put it together, at least 1 player from our African experiment needs to make it.

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Really this player, hope he can put it together, at least 1 player from our African experiment needs to make it.
    Yup I still see him as the closest thing we have to Xavi in terms of style and he has the talent to be very good. Too bad he is injury prone

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    I don't see much room for incoming midfielders in the first team and there's no way Kaptoum beats Samper or Alena there, imo
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Kaptoum has regressed tbh, kid had all the potential but injuries hindered his development.
    He will probably have to "move on" next season,he was actually close from being loaned.
    As for promoted players Marlon & Alena are my bets,Alena seem to be the best talent we had since Thiago,very few holes in his game in comparison to the likes of Samper,Munir etc. Nili & Palancia comes next. There was also that DM that played in Catalan cup?Carbonell I think?
    Would loan him out and see where he goes from there. He is talented and oozes class on the field, but injuries and inconsistency has hurt his development, that's true. However he might be a late bloomer and still have a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Would loan him out and see where he goes from there. He is talented and oozes class on the field, but injuries and inconsistency has hurt his development, that's true. However he might be a late bloomer and still have a shot.
    I hope so since I am a fan, problem is few late bloomer's make it in their home club. Last two I remember in Barca was Pedro and Oleguer and even those wasn't so "late" tbh.
    Sometimes you have to just acknowledge that some players will succeed somewhere else. His contract expired in 2018 and unless he accept renewal loaning him doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even think Kaptoum is a late bloomer really. He was in the same dominant Juvenil A squad as Munir and Adama and operated as their Xavi. Since then he's either stagnated or regressed. Some players just don't have too high a ceiling which is something I've been having to learn with our La Masia kids over the years.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a fan of Kaptoum but people need to be realistic. Even Samper would count him very lucky if he ends up making it at Barca. No chance for Kaptoum tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's the season for him, basically. See ya in January, kid. Hope you can get back to form quickly but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Well that's the season for him, basically. See ya in January, kid. Hope you can get back to form quickly but I doubt it.
    Meniscus tear is not that bad depending on everything going right he could be back in 2-3 months
    NEEDS MORE FOLLOWS https://twitter.com/JTRMachine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jallo View Post
    Meniscus tear is not that bad depending on everything going right he could be back in 2-3 months
    Oh, alright. Now that I think about it that's the same injury Mathieu had. For some reason I was thinking it was a long term injury like a broken tibia.