Wilfred Kaptoum

God Serena

I don't see much room for incoming midfielders in the first team and there's no way Kaptoum beats Samper or Alena there, imo

khaled_a_d

Kaptoum has regressed tbh, kid had all the potential but injuries hindered his development.
He will probably have to "move on" next season,he was actually close from being loaned.
As for promoted players Marlon & Alena are my bets,Alena seem to be the best talent we had since Thiago,very few holes in his game in comparison to the likes of Samper,Munir etc. Nili & Palancia comes next. There was also that DM that played in Catalan cup?Carbonell I think?

Last edited:

jamrock

Really this player, hope he can put it together, at least 1 player from our African experiment needs to make it.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Really this player, hope he can put it together, at least 1 player from our African experiment needs to make it.

Yup I still see him as the closest thing we have to Xavi in terms of style and he has the talent to be very good. Too bad he is injury prone

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't see much room for incoming midfielders in the first team and there's no way Kaptoum beats Samper or Alena there, imo

Kaptoum has regressed tbh, kid had all the potential but injuries hindered his development.
He will probably have to "move on" next season,he was actually close from being loaned.
As for promoted players Marlon & Alena are my bets,Alena seem to be the best talent we had since Thiago,very few holes in his game in comparison to the likes of Samper,Munir etc. Nili & Palancia comes next. There was also that DM that played in Catalan cup?Carbonell I think?

Would loan him out and see where he goes from there. He is talented and oozes class on the field, but injuries and inconsistency has hurt his development, that's true. However he might be a late bloomer and still have a shot.

khaled_a_d

Would loan him out and see where he goes from there. He is talented and oozes class on the field, but injuries and inconsistency has hurt his development, that's true. However he might be a late bloomer and still have a shot.

I hope so since I am a fan, problem is few late bloomer's make it in their home club. Last two I remember in Barca was Pedro and Oleguer and even those wasn't so "late" tbh.
Sometimes you have to just acknowledge that some players will succeed somewhere else. His contract expired in 2018 and unless he accept renewal loaning him doesn't make sense.

God Serena

I don't even think Kaptoum is a late bloomer really. He was in the same dominant Juvenil A squad as Munir and Adama and operated as their Xavi. Since then he's either stagnated or regressed. Some players just don't have too high a ceiling which is something I've been having to learn with our La Masia kids over the years.

khoazany

I'm a fan of Kaptoum but people need to be realistic. Even Samper would count him very lucky if he ends up making it at Barca. No chance for Kaptoum tbh.

God Serena

Well that's the season for him, basically. See ya in January, kid. Hope you can get back to form quickly but I doubt it.

God Serena

Meniscus tear is not that bad depending on everything going right he could be back in 2-3 months

Oh, alright. Now that I think about it that's the same injury Mathieu had. For some reason I was thinking it was a long term injury like a broken tibia.

Sorin

Betis with Tello, Bartra and Kaptoum. Betis next treble confirmed.

Seriously though, I wish them good luck. Betis style suits them.

Home of Barca Fans