WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Instead of fighting over your obsession with Masch as a CB, I'm going to say this - it probably doesn't matter which position he plays in, since he'd just be leaving a hole in the other position. Argentina needs an all defense focused guy in the midfield, besides Mascherano they only seem to have Redondo types like Gago and virtually every DM prospect right now.

I guess they can make due with experimenting there though, because the CB options right now are quite frankly dreadful, their is some hope among young players though. And their fullbacks are all shit, except for the okay Rojo.

well that's my point. they have more woes at CB than at DM now, because at least they can deploy two #5's there and try to make do. until Musacchio takes off (which given Villarreal's downward trajectory may be a while away) he's desperately needed at the back.

Fucking Higuan. :cry: The beast is back, I wonder if Mourinho is stupid enough to not start him in the clasico.

the Clasico is in December. it's early October. he's in every-shot-goes-in beastmode right now, but this type of form never lasts. at the end of last season it was Benzema who couldn't miss.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Jesus fucking christ Higuain, save some of it for next time.

What's funny is regardless of Messi's role in this, some lazy journalists are going to start asking whether Higgy is more important than Messi.

Andujar = joke

He's really not good.

BarcaGirl

Messi is such a badass :lol:
Chile are true fighters ...till the last minute. You just have to admire that.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Defence still pretty much suck. Specially looks so confused on long balls. I hope Samuel goes back to the team. Still believe Samuel-Otamendi is the best pair that can play in the center of defence now. And Ansaldi to replace Rojo as well. Zabaleta was good.

All in all, happy to see an organized Argentina after a pretty long time again. Attack looked comfortable even though the team wasn't exaclty offensive styled.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
4-1. good start.

bit of a false dawn, though. it woulda been so different were Asexis available. Chile made so much nearly happen against that defence. the amount of times they got into great positions was kinda frightening, tbh. alright it's Chile and they're great at that, but still!

Andujar in goal is also a recipe for disaster. hasta be Romero.

F

Flavia

1st round results:
wcrg.jpg

Standings:
74693560.jpg

Home of Barca Fans