WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

F

Flavia

Isn't there a place for Pastore in argentina's starting 11? Replacing sosa or rojo?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
see, this is a formation which means Pastore should play. no idea why Di Maria is on if he's not gonna be taking up smart positions wide. take him off and stick Pastore in there. he understands that when the World's Best Player is unmarked, you pass him the fucking ball.

Yeah, I checked and he played a friendly in September. I knew he was leaning toward it, but glad he finally took the leap. Good on him, plus it's so much cooler looking at the Athletic wikipedia page squad list now having one Venezuelan flag along with all the Spanish ones.

the Athletic fans probably love it.

:lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Argentina are awful.

I understand Venezuela are playing with a lot of hustle, and the ref is letting a lot of stuff go for them, but for fucks sake these mooks can't even provide Messi and Higuain with good passes! what the fuck is wrong with them? this is the kind of game that is crying out for Pastore, and the system is certainly able to accommodate him, so I've got no idea why that dish-eared cock-knocker Di Maria is playing. what a twat of a player he can be.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Isn't there a place for Pastore in argentina's starting 11? Replacing sosa or rojo?

He would fit perfectly in this formation imo, no idea why Di Maria is being played centrally...

So far it doesn't look too good though, the thing is 5-3-2 really depends on how good your wingbacks are, while Zaba has looked aight so far can't say Rojo has exactly been lighting it up...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This lineup is perfect for Pastore actually, Di Maria might be best off as an impact sub if they are going to play a 3 man back.

Argentina look like shit.

Does that make him officially the first?

Non-Spaniard? No, French Basque Bixente Lizarazu briefly played for Athletic.

Lizerazu was the first I think. he was French, obv., but had Basque grandparents or some shit.

Well, he is from the French Basque country, I'm surprised Athletic hasn't tried to find more French Basques.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Medel makes it 3-0, Yusuf will be thrilled if he can spell his name properly. Poor Peru.

The battle of the 'guays is still a stalemate.

And now 10 minutes later it's 3-2. :lol: :lol: :lol: Chile's defense is vile.

In Paraguay GOOOL DE FORLÁN! He's now Uruguay's sole all time scorer.
its all about medal :worthy: medal :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm going to say this about Messi, one of his biggest weaknesses is that he's not good at slowing down to accommodate his teammates.

I'm not trying to blame him on this trainwreck by any means, but look at Villa's most recent quote about how hard it can be to play with Messi. Non-cantera players just seem to struggle generally to keep up with him, and Messi doesn't seem to fully understand that guys don't have eyes in the back of their heads.

In the case of Argentina, it doesn't help when he's paired with complete idiots. There's a reason this team looks hapless without a guy who can dictate pace, and have been generally horrible to watch since Riquelme. I was a big fan of ditching Riquelme after shitting the bed in the 2007 Copa America, assuming in the long run they'd adapt and be better off for it, but they never did.

F

Flavia

I don't get Sabella, as I don't get Mano Menezes. They have better players on the bench, but insist with others that are not as good. Go figure what goes on their minds.

W

Worms

What channel or website do you guys watch the south american qualifiers because I want to start watching more South American football,I have only really watched CA 2011.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
argies suck...only hope for a south american team to win the next world cup is uruguay and chile, hopefully colombia :D

Home of Barca Fans