WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bruce Arena simply isn't a good coach and the team overall lacks so much quality bar Christian Pulisic.

Hell the problem lies deeper as well. compared to other nations we don't put enough effort into our grass root programs. we as a country for years never cared a lot about Football(Soccer) our bread and butter is mostly Basketball,Baseball and the NFL.

Football is becoming more popular here no doubt but just take a look at the MLS and how we are training our kids in academies. we are so focused on Speed,pace and Muscle that technique etc is pretty much nonexistent.

We have a long way to go sadly.

Not to mention that soccer is still a middle class to upper class sport here. The wealth barrier to playing in school or for club teams keeps out a lot of potential talent still.

khaled_a_d

btw, this was very entertaining international break IMHO, lots of emotions and meaningful games.
23 teams qualified, 2 teams almost certain to get there (Tunisia and Senegal) 6 play off remaining and 1 crucial game in group stage too (Ivory Cost vs Morocco) so hopefully November will be kind for us

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

No, they won't face each other, and will have teams from pot 2, another from pot 3 and one last from pot 4
Worth noting that teams from same content can't be in same group regardless the pot, except Europe with 2 team maximum

Pot 2
They are 11th in FIFA ranking

Why is Spain ranked so low? Seems crazy

Alik

I don't think teams will carry their form from the qualifiers into the actual WC tournament.

Only safe bet to go far is Germany. They always do.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think teams will carry their form from the qualifiers into the actual WC tournament.

Only safe bet to go far is Germany. They always do.

I sure hope so, because otherwise Argentina will be toast. Dream final would be Spain vs Argentina and Messi winning it.

Home of Barca Fans