WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

Morten

Alot can change in a year, but Brazil must be perhaps the biggest favorite right now, they strolled through this quite difficult group.
Argentina needs to shape up if they are going to go far.

FinBarcelonafan

Alot can change in a year, but Brazil must be perhaps the biggest favorite right now, they strolled through this quite difficult group.
Argentina needs to shape up if they are going to go far.

Absolutely.They look very strong, probably same level as Germany and Spain now.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
CONCACAF qualifiers are crazy too.
USA out, Panama directly qualified and Honduras in the playoffs. Panama and Honduras both turned their games around.

El Flaco

Didn't knew USA were that bad if they couldn't even finish above the likes of Panama and T&T?

Can anyone shortly explain the situation? I don't really follow their matches that closely...

Embarrassing from the United States. A large part the progress they made thus far in promoting football in America will be erased after this debacle. I'm not American, but all my American friends said that the only time when the country as a whole gives a care about football was during the World Cup.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Germany is definitely the favorite in my opinion, even though their roster might not look that impressive on paper compared to the German squad of the last two World Cups or the likes of France and Spain but they play by far the best football right now.

xXKonan

Didn't knew USA were that bad if they couldn't even finish above the likes of Panama and T&T?

Can anyone shortly explain the situation? I don't really follow their matches that closely...
Bruce Arena simply isn't a good coach and the team overall lacks so much quality bar Christian Pulisic.

Hell the problem lies deeper as well. compared to other nations we don't put enough effort into our grass root programs. we as a country for years never cared a lot about Football(Soccer) our bread and butter is mostly Basketball,Baseball and the NFL.

Football is becoming more popular here no doubt but just take a look at the MLS and how we are training our kids in academies. we are so focused on Speed,pace and Muscle that technique etc is pretty much nonexistent.

We have a long way to go sadly.

Home of Barca Fans