WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He need to play Banega - Paredes in the middle next game and Di Maria and Correa on the wings.

El Flaco

2018 World Cup CONMEBOL Qualifiers after Matchday 16. (2 matches left, top 4 teams qualify, 5th goes to a play-off against New Zeland).

ptnIyeW.png

Hektor

Play-off against New Zeland? :lol::lol:
Argentina are guaranteed to qualify then.

If that happens, I really feel bad for New Zealand. These guys might be very happy to have half a leg in the WC, only to face Argentina - an Argentine team that should really be clicking then.
Venezuela has a very good young team. All they had to do was to park the bus. Argentina was not ready to be able to break such a defense. I predicted a tie. However, Peru is dead meat. They cannot park the bus; they have to play to win. Ecuador, in Quito, I do not know, yet.
The Russian might be getting very worry. All that money for the WC and no Messi?

Argentina just needs to qualify in the WC at this point even by playing play-offs. Then it is just one month of football and anything can happen. Portugal won the last EURO by playing some awful football.
The thing is that people are overrating this Argentina team, they just don't have the talent they had in the past and Sampaoli looks lost atm.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
If Argentina beats Peru they basically guarantee themselves of the play-offs. Unless Peru manages to beats Argentina's goal difference playing against Colombia and Argentina concedes goals against Ecuador.

Hardy

They lost at home against Equador and pretty easily if i remember right, basically with Perù is crucial but if they are not capable to beat the freaking Venezuala i'm not so confident that they can beat Perù.

BarcaOG

Banned
oh wow. very surprised by the low number of goals Argentina has scored, especially compared with chile, uruguay and brazil. a pretty poor qualifying campaign, and it could get worse

Rick 44

Can I just take a moment to say argentina are so shit and I hate how particularly messi haters go on and on about how many great players they have when I'm certain they don't actually watch them play.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Brazil has a few alpha males and thugs in their team, unlike Argentina who have weak minded players. Mental toughness is vital in South American qualifiers where every game is a battle.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Brazil has a few alpha males and thugs in their team, unlike Argentina who have weak minded players. Mental toughness is vital in South American qualifiers where every game is a battle.

The alpha males who looked and cried like small kids in the World Cup against Germany?

Home of Barca Fans