WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

Albo

Why they don't just go for 4-3-1-2 with Icardi and Dybala in front of Messi, Higuain and Correa on the bench. Midfield should consist of Banega, Def mid (Augusto, Biglia or Masche) and more attacking-minded player on the right like R. Pereyra.

khaled_a_d

Said it a dozen times and so does literally everyone.

Argentina and even Messi need to cut the crap with this generation and his buddies. Aguero and Di Maria shouldn't be starting. Dybala and Gaitan/Correa should.

And do they seriously not have a better LB than Rojo?

Thing is Aguero & Di Maria are actually better players.
Yes they have been under performing but then again so is Higuaín and half of the team,even Messi isn't as good with them as he with us.The idea that the other younger players will do better is just another hypothesis with no proof.
This team has huge hole in their midfield,no attacking player get the ball where he want it. Give them a grandpa Xavi or Pirlo and this will be way stronger team.but with this midfield all those players who are playing or the others will still be underwhelming.
I remember Donandres had gr8 post after Copa final in 2015 when he said that Messi wasn't able to get the ball for 15 minutes and he moved a lot to get but they were just incapable of doing that. Higuaín might be wasting chances in the final but the truth also that this team doesn't create much in those games either considering their attacking power.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not expecting much tonight considering Argentina's abysmal record against Brazil. Then there's also the fact that they have never lost a WC qualifying game on home soil. Might not even stay up for this, even less when I saw that Biglia will start.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This match is going on at a surprisingly decent time. 00.45 CET I think?

Thought it was being played 03.00

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will probably watch it too. Vamos Messi!

20161110-1478733132186.jpg

Home of Barca Fans