3-4-3 or 4-3-3

3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

• 3-4-3

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • 4-3-3

Votes: 77 67.0%

• Total voters

Birdy

Catalonial Devil gave the best answer IMO.

the problem with the 3-4-3 is that it can accomodate especially fabregas, but you need to drop
i)either puyol/pique and play alves at the back three (which i dont support at all)
ii)or alexis/pedro and play alves as winger
iii)or alves.

i dont know which is worse to be honest..

Trequartista

The good
Catalonial Devil gave the best answer IMO.

the problem with the 3-4-3 is that it can accomodate especially fabregas, but you need to drop
i)either puyol/pique and play alves at the back three (which i dont support at all)
ii)or alexis/pedro and play alves as winger
iii)or alves.

i dont know which is worse to be honest..
well the idea started probably to find a solution for the alves less barca,thats what I got from Pep's talk about the Villarreal match,think the team would be do well with that formation without Alves tbh,and giving the 2 wingers(Alexis and Pedro would be better in that formation) and then you have Pique as sweeper with Puyol/Mascherano and abidal flanking him then the Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Cesc
I dont see that formation even with the best players fitting into it,working in strong games or even most of the games awway from the camp nou,what I feat is Pep trying to accomodate Cesc for that formation,sure his best position is as a number 10 but still he can play in midfield

ammarfcb

ze special one
3-4-3 will work abit better with pique. but still not as good as our 4-3-3. maybe we can just take out valdes and play 4-4-3...

C

chipson

@evilhita666, you prefer 3-4-3 or 4-3-3? because 4-4-3 exists only if you count vv too on the scheme:p

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I hate to admit it but we play 3-4-3 only because Pep wants to fit in Fabregas in the team, I know he has been superb, but in away games such as Valencia, 3-4-3 is not the system to use, and it has resulted in us dropping points.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
without having read previous comments this is my take on the whole tactical situation:

- if we play a team that relies their attacking through the middle with smart passing etc, like Atletico then we should use 3-4-3.
- if we play a team that relies their attacking through the wings with crossing or cutting in/shooting, like Manchester United or Valencia, then we should use the 4-3-3.
- if we play a team that mixes these two, then we should also stick to the 4-3-3 until we master the 3-4-3.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
this is right.

but I prefer the 3133.

:wub:
actually Meta, the 3-4-3 everyone is talking about is a 3-1-3-3 although with Busquets sometimes moving up the pitch to attack. so from a tactical perspective, the correct name for the tactic should be 3-1-3-3 with the three midfielders free-flowing, which means that they move all around the pitch and destroy the opponent.

Home of Barca Fans