Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3-4-3

46 33.09%
  • 4-3-3

93 66.91%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-4-3 or 4-3-3

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-4-3 or 4-3-3

Which system do you prefer?

Shukran Pep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3-3 as the primary formation, 3-4-3 as plan b against certain opponents..
    Alfredo Di Stéfano, Real Madrid's greatest ever player and the honorary president, spoke out. "Barcelona's football was simply brilliant," he said in his weekly column. "Their superiority was there for the whole planet to see: the whites were cornered all game. Barcelona play football and dance. They treat the ball with adoration and respect, almost nurturing it. To see this team in action is a delight."

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^

Agreed.

Bomb Dropper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalonian Devil View Post
    4-3-3 as the primary formation, 3-4-3 as plan b against certain opponents..
    this is right.

but I prefer the 3133.

IMAKEMADBEATS

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looove 3-2-3-1-1, I love 3 man backlines in general, but with quality defenders.

For Barca, against opponents that aren't total assclowns, 4-3-3 should be the first choice.

Bomb Dropper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    I looove 3-2-3-1-1, I love 3 man backlines in general, but with quality defenders.

For Barca, against opponents that aren't total assclowns, 4-3-3 should be the first choice.
    if they play a 2 man attack, or are planning to play defensively, the 3133 could be perfect to take them down.

IMAKEMADBEATS

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post
    if they play a 2 man attack, or are planning to play defensively, the 3133 could be perfect to take them down.
    It depends what kind of defensive play though.

If it's a well thought out, aggressive kind of defending, I don't want to see a 3 man back line with DMs there.

If it's cowardly, hope to ride the storm out defending, then starting out with a blitzkrieg makes sense, yup.

I don't want to see this against Manure, that's for sure.

Bomb Dropper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    It depends what kind of defensive play though.

If it's a well thought out, aggressive kind of defending, I don't want to see a 3 man back line with DMs there.

If it's cowardly, hope to ride the storm out defending, then starting out with a blitzkrieg makes sense, yup.

I don't want to see this against Manure, that's for sure.
    I wouldn't play this against any team who uses width. it was a risk to deploy it against Valencia and the risk didn't pay off. and considering United use width even more than Valencia, and to greater effect, it could get ugly if we tried it against them, Real or Bayern. but against teams like Chelsea? Villarreal? Milan? Inter? even City tbh... I think it could be effective.

it could work against any kind of defensive strategy, though. even if the defending is aggressive. in fact particularly so if it's aggressive, because there's more options available for the pass, and two wide players stationed in high positions means there's always an out-ball, and defenders always have to respect the position of the wide-men or risk getting hammered.

and Mascherano really doesn't have many problems playing in the back line, you should probably come to terms with that. Busquets, I'll grant you, is an accident waiting to happen at CB against competent opponents, but Badger has shown he can hold his own.

IMAKEMADBEATS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the 3-4-3 (for 95% of our games), because it allows us to give all our midfield-stars enough playing-time.

Those first 30 minutes yesterday were pure sex, awesome to watch. Against Villarreal our 3-4-3 looked still quite rusty at times, but yesterday in the opening half hour the passing preciseness was so good and we found so many openings, great to watch.

It seems logical to employ a 4-3-3 against the top-sides with great wingers (like ManUtd and RM), but even in those games, I wouldn't be surprised if Pep employed a 3-4-3 as well (Pep always like to take risks after all). If the opponent doesn't get the ball, they can't harm you either?

Killahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-1-2-1-2-1
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Tito > Mou
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 ??

chipson
    let's stick to the poll, guys. 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3
    well, both systems have positives and negatives. we just have seen both systems in action against valencia.
    3-4-3 is more spectacular, but is more riskier, while 4-3-3 is exactly the opposite for the team.
    3-4-3 needs quick defenders, greater spaces to cover, and we don't have them. at least for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chipson View Post
    let's stick to the poll, guys. 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3
    3-4-3 needs quick defenders, greater spaces to cover, and we don't have them. at least for now.
    Mascherano and Alves aren't fast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useless poll is useless.

I don't prefer either because both of those formations would work against certain opponents.

For example if we'd play 3-4-3 against Man United we would get slaughtered.
    insert signature here

meh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3-3 against strong, 3-4-3 against weaker teams, we have to buy a new CB though