Thibaut Courtois

Mitchell1978

A potential front line won't have Piazon in, Hazard doesn't strike me as the type that will stay either. Personally, our most promising front line woluld be:

----- -Lukaku/Feruz
Hazard - Oscar - Mata
-McEachran- Romeu

That said, De Bruyne has impressed massively in Germany.

not only in Germany, on the Belgian NT he has been better then Hazard

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'd off Cech for Courtois. At the end of the day he's probably got more potential than Cech had, and he's young as and providing he doesn't have some freak injury, can be our keeper for a good 15 years at least. Unfortunately for Cech he had that head injury and he's never been the same. Before that he was on his way to rival Buffon and Casillas at the time. It's a massive shame.

Irish_Cules

Chelsea has put a 23,5+M price tag on keeper Courtois, on loan at Atletico, to scare off Barcelona and other interested clubs. [les sport]

Anybody else think it would be worth it getting him for that price? I know its a very high price to pay for a young goalkeeper but
you're pretty much guaranteed one of the best goalkeepers in the world over the next 15 years or so who has already proven himself in La Liga. Considering Man United payed €20m for De Gea its not such a ridiculous price. I still doubt Chelsea would let him go. They would be crazy to do such a thing.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
So... how are things between Courtois and De Bruyne? Supposedly De Bruyne suspected Courtois of seeing his ex.

Galning

Pretty weird because they played for the same team in Belgium & they are both bought by Chelsea. Must've been some truth in it though because the national team coach talked about it with them and he says everything's okay now.

media_xll_5716060.jpg

This is the girl, I don't even know... :shakeshead:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm just hoping that it results in Courtois leaving Chelsea, although De Bruyne would probably be more likely to do it, especially since Terry is still there :mou:

Galning

Why are there no rumours of us being linked with him? It's a pretty fucked up situation for him at Chelsea now.. he has done so good for the past two seasons at Atlético. He can't really go back just to sit on the bench for Cech.
Will they loan him out again? Does he even want to be loaned out again? Will they replace Cech with him next season?

Maybe there are some opportunities for us to sign him this summer.

Gilberto

Wow, that would be amazing. He is such a great goalkeeper in my opinion. He is also very young, so that would solve the GK problem for the next 10 years or so.

Irish_Cules

Pretty sure he said he wants to stay at Atletico for another season. Chelsea are in a bit of an awkward situation. Courtois is well on his way to surpassing Cech but its hard to discard somebody like Cech who is still at a pretty high level and is a club legend. I reckon they'll sell Cech next season though and Courtois will come back. If he was in any way available I reckon we would be all over him. Considering his La Liga experience, I'd say the club has looked into it already but Chelsea are determined to hold onto him.

Gilberto

That could be true. Money is not important for Chelsea so for them there is no point in selling him. And they won't have to look any further for a replacement for Cech.

But, the opinion of Courtois himself is probably most important.

Galning

Pretty sure he said he wants to stay at Atletico for another season. Chelsea are in a bit of an awkward situation. Courtois is well on his way to surpassing Cech but its hard to discard somebody like Cech who is still at a pretty high level and is a club legend. I reckon they'll sell Cech next season though and Courtois will come back. If he was in any way available I reckon we would be all over him. Considering his La Liga experience, I'd say the club has looked into it already but Chelsea are determined to hold onto him.

I googled around a bit and it seems like you are right. I didn't know he wanted to be loaned out for a third season. He signed a five year contract with Chelsea.. so he'll spend at least 3 years of that contract at another club :lol: so weird.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Pretty much this.

Indignado

If Courtois wants to leave, he'll leave. I'm sure he'll be at Atletico for another season if he doesn't switch the club right now, so when he returns to Chelsea, he's only got 2 years left on his contract. Chelsea don't need money but they don't wanna let him go for free either.

Home of Barca Fans