Thibaut Courtois

Windhook

Two nutmeg goals in a single match is not coincidence, it's tactic. Whoever came with this idea of shooting at the legs of Courtois has to be congratulated.

Chainsaw

Killahead
"I’ve played against him [Messi] a lot of times, conceded goals through my legs with him, for a goalkeeper like me from two metres that’s probably the weakest point through your legs because if I’m standing in a normal position there’s a lot of space in between."

bodi16

I just checked his wiki page because i wasn't sure if he still played for Atletico in 13-14, then found this:

curtois.png

:rofl1:

Last edited:

Devils

I think he would have scored that second goal on most keepers though. So much power, accuracy and precision in that shot that most keepers wouldn't have got down in time to stop that.

The first one was a disaster though.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think he would have scored that second goal on most keepers though. So much power, accuracy and precision in that shot that most keepers wouldn't have got down in time to stop that.

The first one was a disaster though.

Not when you keep your hands by your feet like a rookie when facing a shot from 11-13m and for whatever reasons you expect a low shot with defenders running in behind you to help blocking. He got a hand to it and would have saved it if he didn't do that.

Givenchy

Madrid will get De Gea. maybe Courtois will head back to Atleti if hes desperate to return to spain with Oblak going to PSG

xXKonan

It's a good thing we got Ter Stegen during the summer of 2014 than Courtois.

While he was great at Atletico, it really amazes me how limited he really is on a technical level. He's a guy who is a great shot stopper and really good at commanding his box and strong in the air but his main weaknesses is he's so poor on the ball and generally not all that great in terms of sweeping.

He would stick out like a sore thumb here in this system. But he would fit well in teams like Atletico no doubt.

Vilarrubi

His shot stopping is great at times.. but he kicks it long more than your average top goalkeeper especially under pressure and isn’t the best with his feet. Odd match for Madrid..

Trickykid

Is his contract running low? Either way, 35m is a damned steal for a keeper of his class who has barely entered his prime yet.

Home of Barca Fans