Thibaut Courtois

D10S_JC

He only worked well under a well-organized defense line.

But Madrid needs a goalie with extraordinary reflex, the one can save the team single-handedly like prime Casillas.

Yannik

The goals he normally concedes are very difficult to save and he is not to blame for the most part. But unlike other keepers he just never has these games where he saves the unsavables. Is it too much too ask for to expect at least have one MOTM performance from a gk at this level every once in a while?

BarcaOG

Banned
absolute karma for preferring the 'flash' of courtois over the solidity of navas.

i really dont understand why he was picked over the costa rican. navas is simply excellent and even when most madrid players were shit last season he kept performing at a very high level

El Gato

Villarato!
absolute karma for preferring the 'flash' of courtois over the solidity of navas.

i really dont understand why he was picked over the costa rican. navas is simply excellent and even when most madrid players were shit last season he kept performing at a very high level

Where is 'very high' on the spectrum? Because people like to say he is solid and that's that. Which he is, but we shouldn't not talk about his problems.

As [MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] highlighted, reasons and wishes for signing him are simple. We bought Courtois, because he is the same level of 'average'. So what is the difference? Clearly it's the perspective of him becoming a better player than he already was. He has more time to do so than Keylor who has less years of being as solid before the age shows. By which time a guy like Courtois would be getting into his prime.
It's really no use talking about the levels, because they're not the problem. I feel with Courtois it's similar as with many others - attitude. He finds it easy to shift the blame instead of trying harder to cover for any potential mistakes. It's the sorry job of a Real Madrid goalkeeper to do that, but that's what he signed up for. After PSG he mentions Di Maria having too much time to take the shot. Sure. Except you're not taking responsibility. And that sucks, a lot.

Devils

16 games.
20 goals conceded.

Update:

EEx_KAIW4AIVbJ1

Devils

One of the worst goalkeepers in the world.

Might be the worst goalkeeper that I have ever seen.

Stunning.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
My boy Curtis strikes again. :lol: :lol:

The best part is that he considers himself one of the best GK in the world.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
With every watch it, doesn't even look that terrible of him. It's more of a horrible touch that would throw anybody off. But dude is straight up cursed.

Home of Barca Fans