Thibaut Courtois

Andresito

Staff member
Best player in December by some margin.

Says more about Real Madrid than Courtois.

He's developed marginally. He was a top 10 keeper at Atleti and he still is, he might've climbed a few positions but still got plenty of keepers ahead of him.

El Gato

Villarato!
Says more about Real Madrid than Courtois.

He's developed marginally. He was a top 10 keeper at Atleti and he still is, he might've climbed a few positions but still got plenty of keepers ahead of him.

You're telling me he's not a top10 keeper this year? Come off it mate.

Individually only definitely better ones ATM are Oblak and De Gea. MAtS and Alisson are very good with some world-class performances this season, but make mistakes as much as Courtois does. More or less the same with Neuer. Tibo is comfortably top5.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You're telling me he's not a top10 keeper this year? Come off it mate.

Individually only definitely better ones ATM are Oblak and De Gea. MAtS and Alisson are very good with some world-class performances this season, but make mistakes as much as Courtois does. More or less the same with Neuer. Tibo is comfortably top5.

Even when Courtois was at Chelsea I did not consider him to be better than Oblak, De Gea, Neuer and ter Stegen. He is top 5, but he is the fifth one. His main weakness is that it is uncomfortably easy to beat him with low shots (nutmegs especially), it really is a glaring weakness in his game that prevents him from becoming a truly elite goalkeeper. Madrid wouldn't have done any worse with Navas in goal this season imo.

El Gato

Villarato!
His main weakness is that it is uncomfortably easy to beat him with low shots (nutmegs especially), it really is a glaring weakness in his game that prevents him from becoming a truly elite goalkeeper. Madrid wouldn't have done any worse with Navas in goal this season imo.

Disagree that it's some glaring weakness. He's literally only been beat like that by elite strikers in select few games, mostly only one anybody ever remembers and people point it out like a weakness everyone exploits. Only absolute precise strikers like Messi, Suarez or Aguero can do this comfortably and recurrently. His reflexes are usually good enough to deal with most average low shots. He was glued to his line most of his career and is doing a very, very fine job right now coming off it and covering whatever he can given how shit LCB and LBs have been for Madrid this season. Saying Navas wouldn't have done any worse doesn't say much about anybody, he's a good to great keeper but several things are out of his range of ability. Lower top10 at most these days.

Joan

naslovnice22222.jpg

:pep:

Andresito

Staff member
Well I don't know lol :D Plenty better? A few better more like, not plenty.

Yeah plenty might've been the wrong word.

I'd say he's between top 5-10, being closer to the 5th spot than 10th.

It's easy to rate 2-3 players in the world, but the positions after are harder since there are a lot of criterias that could be included, or excluded when comparing.

Oblak and De Gea as you say are better. ter Stegen for me is better, maybe Alisson as well.
Then you have Neuer who I'd say is on the same level if not better, with a question mark on Neuer's form after his injury.
Ederson's been very good this year as well. Better than Courtois? Hard to say.

Home of Barca Fans