Thibaut Courtois

soul24rage

Most pointless transfer of all time?
Like, we already have a very good goalkeeper, Ronaldo, Morata and James left in the span of one year, and we brought in a goalkeeper instead of real quality in attack?
Okay, so we got him on the cheap, well done, but it was simply so obvious that a goalkeeper was pretty much the least of our concerns, in addition to pointless RB-signings, when we already dont have a problem with that position.

i think most of us knew GK was not the position you needed strengthening. no idea why you guys didn't buy real quality in the attack

El Trencaxarxes

Like, we already have a very good goalkeeper, Ronaldo, Morata and James left in the span of one year, and we brought in a goalkeeper instead of real quality in attack?
Okay, so we got him on the cheap, well done, but it was simply so obvious that a goalkeeper was pretty much the least of our concerns, in addition to pointless RB-signings, when we already dont have a problem with that position.

To add to that, for the past two years I think Navas has been decidedly better overall than Courtois has. Courtois is a really good keeper, but he's by no means among the very best in the world. If you look at last season and this season, I wouldn't even think about putting him in my top five - even when including his performance at the World Cup.

El Gato

Villarato!

Kinda pointless to complain about it too bro. If it's cheap, it's a good thing he's here. Would have happened this or next year. Better for him it happened sooner.

khaled_a_d

Wasn't a priority but not a bad signing either, he has more quality than Navas and 5 years younger and he comes with half price of Kepa for example.
On the long run, if he gets his head straight it will be beneficial.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
But now Madrid are paying the price be asse they neglected other areas.

Yeah. from the kind of wealth that they have accumulated the last 3 seasons, it is peanuts for them.

I mean, even going trophy-less 2 straight seasons wouldn't really hurt them - Not that it's gonna happen, just saying

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
But now Madrid are paying the price because they neglected other areas.

Madrid have the money to spend on the other areas, but those players that are worth what Madrid have, are unavailable. The 35 spent on Thibaut didn't come at the expense of someone else. Having said that, Perez is looking at the entire picture here including the stadium renovations. His point was to get as many deals as possible to unload the responsibility onto the young squad members. Makes sense. However this is a transition period and it appears to be a crisis, but it isn't, it was going to happen anyway.

Courtois is here for the long term, because in 1-2 years this area that isn't so problematic today, will be problematic in the very near future. If there is a bargain, you take it.

Home of Barca Fans