Unai Emery

W

Worms

Like usual Emery will outcoach Pep during the first half, Barca will be outplayed but Valencia won't score more than 1 goal, and in the second half they will be exhausted and allow Barca to kill them.

Nearly exactly right.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Proved that he's a great motivator and a very good tactician. He exploited our weakness on our right flank and crowded the midfield preventing us to control the match.
Sure, the game would have gone in a different direction had Rami been sent off and we got our penalty but you still can't take away from Valencia's great counterattacking display.

M

mitkoa7x

Last 3 seasons Valencia gave so much trouble to Barca but let Merda toss them arround like a rag doll...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Where does this great tactician disappear against Madrid? And the likes of Genk, Schalke?

you can't tactically plan for teams that rely on individual spontaneity and creativity. teams that play off the cuff. there's no system to the way Madrid does things, it's all about individualism. and so Emery can't plan a tactic to stop that, and so his side struggles.

plus he can be slow to react and make changes. in every game where we've beat them (apart from the first one, where he was overwhelmed by Henry and Dani's brilliance) it's been because Pep has changed something at half-time and Emery hasn't reacted to it. his players tire, sure, but he struggles to tactically counterpunch.

and he's prone to overcoaching.

I'd love to talk to him about tactics, though. I bet he has an absolute cockload of ideas.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Emery is cool and all but honestly I think the last game was more of Pep beating himself than Emery outsmarting him.

Emery didn't really do anything different from his usual approach against us in the Mestalla, Pep however paid the price for his bizarre tactical approach knowing Valencia and their playing style. Actually if anything Pep is the one who outcoached Emery by being proactive and making the right changes to shift the momentum in our favour, Emery on the other hand did little to counter Pep's 2nd half changes.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
298321_195088513896956_111095378962937_454872_925088320_n.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
you can't tactically plan for teams that rely on individual spontaneity and creativity. teams that play off the cuff. there's no system to the way Madrid does things, it's all about individualism. and so Emery can't plan a tactic to stop that, and so his side struggles.

plus he can be slow to react and make changes. in every game where we've beat them (apart from the first one, where he was overwhelmed by Henry and Dani's brilliance) it's been because Pep has changed something at half-time and Emery hasn't reacted to it. his players tire, sure, but he struggles to tactically counterpunch.

and he's prone to overcoaching.

I'd love to talk to him about tactics, though. I bet he has an absolute cockload of ideas.

He is 39 and isn't fortunate to land a job at his own club with deep pockets.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Proved that he's a great motivator and a very good tactician. He exploited our weakness on our right flank and crowded the midfield preventing us to control the match.
Sure, the game would have gone in a different direction had Rami been sent off and we got our penalty but you still can't take away from Valencia's great counterattacking display.
nah, he's a very average motivator but a great tactician, which is why this guy could never coach Barca / Real. he would be what benitez was for inter.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
nah, he's a very average motivator but a great tactician, which is why this guy could never coach Barca / Real. he would be what benitez was for inter.

You mean he would try to make a veteran squad run their butts off!?
He regularly checks out the deadwood man :p

Home of Barca Fans