• £80-£90

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • £90-£100

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • £100+

Votes: 135 89.4%

• Total voters

S7_MUFC

around £120m in my opinion because if Barca were to sell him there would be line of clubs waiting to sign him. He will score a lot of goals but also attract a lot of sponsor's. He is absolute value for money at £120m.

Banana-Rama

if barca wanted to sell then he is only worth as much as other clubs are willing to pay, that is the simple answer, with the ffp rules coming in we won't be seeing any £100 million plus transfers in the future, transfer values are going to start coming down rather then up......................

anonake

around £120m in my opinion because if Barca were to sell him there would be line of clubs waiting to sign him. He will score a lot of goals but also attract a lot of sponsor's. He is absolute value for money at £120m.

who would buy him @ that price??? i dont think even city would go that far.(100mill would be their max)

90-100 would be his price, but does it really matter??he is staying for life. he would probably break the 100 if he could have the same impact with the national team.

Trillske

On the one hand I´d value him just above Ronaldo despite his dominance at Barcelona, because that quality has only been shown in one league, country and team, wich makes it a bit more of a gamble.

On the other hand he is so important for Barcelonas dominance in Europe. For teams like Real and Man U, the actual value is probably an added £100+.

Realisticaly though, if you tried to get him right know, I think anything below 400 wont cut it. But nothing is priceless and there is probably a point where he himself feels he has to leave as well, to do the right thing to the club.

Knowing Barcelonas history they might just sell him for 65.

Barcelona: "We want 400"
City: "60"
Barcelona: "390"
City: "60"
Barclona: "380, final offer"
City: "65"
Barcelona: "Ok thats fair"

Last edited:
L

LittleLionel

€200+ is a ridiculous figure. Basically if this was ever possible then it would be because Barca were willing to sell him rather than someone offering so much money that it couldn't be refused. This is the same with Ronaldo, United knew he wanted to leave so sold him for as much as was possible by pretending they weren't resigned to him leaving. This would be the same for Messi, if he decided to leave or that the club decided they wanted him to leave then he would go for a figure around the same as what Ronaldo went for, maybe 5 million more.

tiki-taka

Honestly, I'm against such high amount of money to be paid as a fee for a transfer of a player due to termination of contract but in football, if clubs have got the financial means and try to maintain debt free then I'm not against it nor am I for it but back to the question, how much would I value Messi? Nowadays I think he might be more than 100 million worth but bearing in mind he hasn't shown much last word cup and the recent copa america, I don't believe any club except when it's owned by rich private investors should pay more than 100 million so I answered between 90 and 100.

B

blaugrana passion

Messi have an uncountable worth. He is the best football player of the world.

Home of Barca Fans