Martin Caceres

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yup, they had a fee agreed (or very close at least) late in the 07/08 season but decided against it and ended up spending more on an inferior player. :lol:

That transfer always irked me, tbh...It felt desperate even before Caceres played a minute for us

D

danumber10

what failure,he didnt do anything wrong and we did loan him
If I'm not mistaken we could have gotten him back.... that's why I call it a failure. I remember he had amazing games against Barca and we could have gotten him back for so little but I always knew Pep would Mess up. Right now we wouldn't be looking for a left back. That was the same season we didn't have defenders b.c of all the injuries and pep still refused to bring him back.

D

danumber10

He was loaned...He was never coming back though...And wasn't Caceres not even the club's first option, wasn't it Garay they were initially after?...Then balked at his fee only to pay similar for this tool

He was terrible for us so I don't lament anything with him...He had his chances, he blew them...Great for him to have apparently turned a corner but it took really sucking for a long time to light a fire under him to improve
If I'm not mistaken we could have gotten him back.... that's why I call it a failure. I remember he had amazing games against Barca and we could have gotten him back for so little but I always knew Pep would Mess up. Right now we wouldn't be looking for a left back. That was the same season we didn't have defenders b.c of all the injuries and pep still refused to bring him back.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
true, had we kept caceres we could have replicated out 07/08 season beautifully.
whats funny is this season is shaping out to be just like 07/08 and there has been only 1 major difference to the team........hmm i wonder who it is????

cacares would help our pretty bad D atm

E

estranged

:lol: we've lost the league because of our midfield this season, you're being myopic if you think it's down to our defense.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
we've not lost the league due to any one line, position or player. it's been a collective slump in intensity from everyone coupled with a ridiculous schedule, a harsh injury-list and some very unfavourable refereeing decisions that has caused us to be trailing by 10 points.

people saying "buy this player" or "buy that player" are well off-base.

Wasn't Barca's biggest buy the new Xavi but better though?

dude, let it go.

Co0ter

we've not lost the league due to any one line, position or player. it's been a collective slump in intensity from everyone coupled with a ridiculous schedule, a harsh injury-list and some very unfavourable refereeing decisions that has caused us to be trailing by 10 points.

Yes.

The only reason we've done as well as we have this season is b/c Messi was playing like God, coming through for us way more than he should have to. Now that he's been average (and very poor some games for his standards) a few games....it's showing how much our team really is struggling.

E

estranged

dude, let it go.

exactly, mostly though i would say it's been down to our inability to control games like last season and also a lack of motivation/hunger. complacency has been a deciding factor madrid are hungrier and more motivated than us this season, if they keep this up they're deserving winners. this team has won 3 back to back league titles, it's quite hard to keep yourself so motivated when you've won it so many times.

Home of Barca Fans