Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 2 - José Martín Cáceres

I`d like to see Caceres given a chance to start in Primera match

Evil

Shabazz

He´s probably thinking now, Why the heck did I waste a day of my holiday if I wasn´t even going to make the bench :p

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Probably, yes. He´s not even on the bench and we have a defender injured.
Really feel sad for the guy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Caceres was supposed to intercept and clear the corner cross for Ujfalusi. Didn`t watch the game so can`t tell about his overall performance but he is to blame for the Atletico goal

IraqiCulé

Bojan said:
Caceres was supposed to intercept and clear the corner cross for Ujfalusi. Didn`t watch the game so can`t tell about his overall performance but he is to blame for the Atletico goal
I need to watch it again as well but Caceras was already marking someone else and I think Sylvinho should have been more involved. Anyway, I think it was a good performance by Caceras and he really grew into the game as it went along. It should boost his confidence.

roll

Tryin` to be hated

It wasnt completly his fault at the goal. He misjudged the way of the ball. His second half performance was better and was acceptable but first half was below standards. He still has a lot to learn at Barca and then he has to prove his value and that 16M, and that will be pretty hard.

Evil

Shabazz

Cáceres was already marking someone else, he tried heading the ball but he missed so it landed to Ujfalusi, I think Alves should have been marking him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Imo. Alves is too small to be ordained to mark Ujfalusi. I doubt that was the case

Evil

Shabazz

True, but Ujfalusi was in the area which Alves was marking at the time of the goal, so its reasonable that it's his job to mark the players on the right side, Cáceres should´nt have missed the header but again Ujfalusi shouldn´t be left all alone .. Anyways it´s 1-3, I'm not complaining :p

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Wasn`t pleased with him tonight. Still like him and all but he seems a bit nervous

Evil

Shabazz

I think other than those 2 mistakes he made, he was solid, really kept Aguero under control. Probably he will gain confidence with a few more matches.

roll

Tryin` to be hated

I dont know where to mention this.
I just c/p it.
Madrid sports tabloid Marca claims that Barcelona is thinking about loaning out Barcelona defender and Uruguay international Martín Cáceres (21) next season.

Because Cáceres has difficulties adapting to the club, Barcelona started considering a loan exit a few weeks ago and the recent performances of the defender have strengthened the idea. Only a radical change could make Cáceres stay next season.

Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain would on the other hand plan to bring back Bayer Leverkusen central defender and Barcelona loan out Henrique (22), whom Barcelona bought last summer and who is performing well in Germany

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Not surprised at this. If Pep doesn`t want him here for the next season there are only 2 options.
Selling him would mean that we would have to accept a fee that is way lower than 17 mil. (which we paid for him), as I doubt someone would splash that much for someone who doesn`t play much.
Or... there`s the loan option. Considering Henrique adventure in Bundesliga is going so well, Tkixi thinks it`ll do for Caceres as well

kiki#8

How will he adopt if he don't get chance?
For me that's Pep's fault!

Home of Barca Fans