Martin Caceres

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He had a decent WC though and surely not worse than Abidal as a CB.

perhaps not, but abidal is rather quite good at LB whereas caceres isn't just about passable as a FB and we already have four of those so he was not needed.

would rather see gomez, muniesa, etc. at CB than either of them tbh.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If Muniesa, etc all were really ready, don't you think Pep would play them? He's never shied away from using Barca B players.

Then again, he does have questionable taste in CBs..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
playing defence is different to playing midfield or attack. even with piqué he went with experience (rafa and puyol) at first, and piqué was 21.

anyway, I didn't say muniesa was ready but he'd certainly be a better option than the error-prone caceres and abidal, purely because his mistakes would allow him to improve and mature (caceres, meanwhile, gets games, makes mistakes, and still doesn't improve). he gave sergi gomez a go in the ramon sanchez didn't he?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
playing defence is different to playing midfield or attack. even with piqué he went with experience (rafa and puyol) at first, and piqué was 21.

anyway, I didn't say muniesa was ready but he'd certainly be a better option than the error-prone caceres and abidal, purely because his mistakes would allow him to improve and mature (caceres, meanwhile, gets games, makes mistakes, and still doesn't improve). he gave sergi gomez a go in the ramon sanchez didn't he?

I can't object to that, it's not a stretch so say he's probably a more intelligent player than Martín and Abidal's positional sense in the middle isn't going to improve anytime soon. Or we can sell the farm for David Luiz, which I'm not as thrilled about as I once was considering how overpriced he has become.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
caceres scored and didnt get a card! o_O

Scored but more importantly, didn't score for the other side

Martin_Caceres.jpg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Villa out Caceres in... There won't be no more offsides and there is this badass look for Caceres after being with Camoranesi at Juventus :D

Home of Barca Fans