Martin Caceres

alexjanosik

The Game
Why doesnt pep play Caceras?
He knows that Caceras has to play in the CL final(no other choice).
So why doesnt Pep give him some game time before the final?

beef-supreme

He'll probably play in the cup now that Abidal is suspended....

Although maybe not, if I think about it Pep would rather play Sylvinho, Puyol, Piqué and Alves. Well, surely he'll get a game soon. Maybe next weekend.

Last edited:

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Really hope he starts getting a chance in the upcomming games. I wanna see him step up to the challenge we have at the center back position for the Champions League Final and show both us and Pep he can take that responsibility. But first he needs to be given some minutes.

jairzinho

i completely agree with you alex....in my view, marty should have played at least the second hf on sunday against villareal but i hope he plays in Copa final and the game in Mallorca...sylvinho needs to play more as well.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I wanna see him in the next two games. Really hope Pep gives him a chance to shine, we know he has talent. Give him a couple of games to show it.

Hell Busquets has made plenty of mistakes this season but Pep seems to trust him and he's performed fairly well overall, if Caceras is given the same chance im sure he could come up trumphs.

shadows

Caceres is a bit shaky always..So it would do him a world of good if he goes on loan to another league EPL perhaps!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he's a great defender, the thing is that he's not that good with the ball on his feet and in our team that's almost a sin... But if he's been training he can be a very valuable player, I want him to stay and prove a lot of people wrong...

Beast

The Observer
What?

Did you see him last year? Aboslutely a brilliant defender. Strong, good header, good tackler, fast etc. And he is only 21 years old. Garay had a splendid season last year as well, haven't seen him this year though.

actually i saw plenty of both last season and they hardly Barca or Real material.. Caceres gave away the 3 points to Real on his own in the Recreativo game .. and Garay isn't any better
neither of them are brilliant defenders or strong .. Garay has strong shots and Freekicks but the last time he tried to be a defender he gave away the 1-0 victory by a wrong back pass which Higuain took advantage off
when i heard we signed Garay i hoped he play as a DM he will be great in that position but i don't trust him as a CB at all
as for Caceres this year.. he make a good tackle then make couple of wrong positioning to gift away 1 on 1 for the other team... i don't think Pep want to lose games or shoot himself in the foot.. if he is good enough to play he would play him instead of losing Yaya to the CB position even if he is too slow for the CB spot

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone knows what will become of Caceres. With Henrique and Milito entering the competition for DC his future in Barca looks grim.

Evil

Shabazz
I'm reading everywhere that Caceres had an extremley solid game against the Brazilians. I don't know whether to believe or not because Uruguay conceded 4 times ... any one watched the match ?

Galning

I'm reading everywhere that Caceres had an extremley solid game against the Brazilians. I don't know whether to believe or not because Uruguay conceded 4 times ... any one watched the match ?

I watched it! I've never seen him play like this at Barça. I didn't even know it was him because he was playing on the left wing. He was attacking a lot and in Barcelona he usually tries to defend :p

He played well, sad I didn't see him play like this this season.

il pepe

I watched it! I've never seen him play like this at Barça. I didn't even know it was him because he was playing on the left wing. He was attacking a lot and in Barcelona he usually tries to defend :p

He played well, sad I didn't see him play like this this season.
i always have the impression that Martin is extremely nervous when playing for Barca...

Anyway, that's good news. Mayby we don't need a new left back after all...

Home of Barca Fans