Hatem Ben Arfa

article-1267335-093425ED000005DC-151_306x459.jpg

Name: Haris Vučkić
Nationality: Slovenian
Born: 21st August 1992, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Height: 1.90m (6ft 3ins)
Previous clubs: NK Domzale
Signed: January 2009 from NK Domzale
Newcastle United debut: 26th August, 2009 v Huddersfield Town (home), Carling Cup
Position: Midfielder

Slovenian-born attacking midfielder who began his career with NK Domzale before signing for Newcastle United in January, 2009.

Scored on his reserve team debut at Blackburn on 16 February 2009. Has represented Slovenia at U14, U16 and U17 level.

Named Player of the Tournament in the Foca Cup in Bosnia in May 2009, scoring five goal in three games as United won the Cup beating Levski Sofia 4 - 1 in the Final.

Represented Slovenia Under-19s at European Championships in Ukraine in summer of 2009.

Made his senior debut as a late substitute during 4-3 Carling Cup Second Round win over Huddersfield Town on August 26, 2009.

Called up to the senior Slovenian squad for the Euro 2012 qualifiers in October 2010.

Favourite game: I think the friendly game against Carlisle in pre-season. I scored my first goal for the first-team and we played well and won.

Best goal scored: My goal in that Carlisle game. I got the ball in the box, turned and shot into the corner of the net.

Hero: Ronaldo - the Brazilian. Although I like the Portuguese one too! They both have good ability, great technique and are very quick players.

An interesting fact about myself: Every Friday I go into a local club and play table tennis with my dad, Milsav. He is good - sometimes he beats me and sometimes I beat him.

If I wasn't a footballer, I'd have been... studying Economics at college. I'd also like to be a football manager or an agent when I finish my career.
TAGS - click for related stories
haris vuckic

Six things you need to know:
1) Vuckic has been destined for great things since he was first taken on by his first professional club in his native Slovenia, NK Domzale. The club were so desperate to get him into their first team that they gave him his debut in a match in August 2008 when he was just 15... and promptly earned themselves a fine from the Slovenian FA for fielding an underage player.

2) After turning 16 he made just four more appearances for the club before Newcastle scouts spotted him and tied up a three-and-a-half year deal to bring him to England in January 2009. Since then he has been a regular in the reserves and Under 18s sides, and has made the first team 4 times - once in the Championship as a sub against Leicester, 3 in the League Cup against Huddersfield, Arsenal and Chelsea.

3) He proved his worth to the Magpies Under 18 team in 2009 when he picked up both the top goalscorer and player-of-the-tournament awards as the team won a youth competition in Bosnia, with Vuckic netting five goals.

4) Former Newcastle United youth coach Richard Money reckons Vuckic is close to being ready for first team football. Speaking in May 2009 he said: "He's got everything really; great size, good athlete, change of pace and he's very clever and creative with the ball. I think that given the right environment and the right development then he's got a big future ahead of him."

5) Rated as one of Slovenia's best young prospects he is already a fixture on the international youth scene as well, having played for their Under 16, Under 17 and Under 19 teams, and he is currently skipper of the Under 19s.

6) He underwent a trial at AC Milan at 14 years old, and Real Madrid attempted to sign before Newcastle stepped in. He has been scouted by Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd in recent seasons.

Last edited:
N

nejcf15

well written. But I think that injuries will ruin his career (he got injured at his EPL debut after only 6 minutes)... He is not an EPL guy, Primera Division would suit perfect for him.

Sewelly

well written. But I think that injuries will ruin his career (he got injured at his EPL debut after only 6 minutes)... He is not an EPL guy, Primera Division would suit perfect for him.

He has developed as a player despite his injuries. He's just turned 19 years of age. I know the style of player that he is is not one that you think of as suitable for the Premier League, but look at the size of him... he can handle himself in this league no doubt. He'll make some appearances this season and the staff have faith that he will be a good player for us long term.

N

nejcf15

Future star...

Very Messi-a-like, he can dribble past 3 players with ease, shooting from distance, accurate crossing and his through balls are just perfect.

Championship/League 1 club, which will get him on loan will be very satisfied.

Hatem Ben Arfa

your sarcasam aside Viva united, he is another Newcastle player that you should rate.

He will be a very very very good player as soon as he estabilishes himself in the first team and gets the minutes in experience on the pitch.

Man Utd have been linked with him at least a couple of times.

Some of the coaching staff say he is the best they have ever seen in person up close in training, and that was when he just arrived at the age of 17 a couple of years ago.

He will have a big future in the game.

His long distance shots with his left foot are so accurate and with natuaral technical excellence, and his vision and passing is insane. He will play a pass that no one else on the field will see so often like its natural to him.

It is a mistake for us to loan him out.

Last edited:
N

nejcf15

Is your entire NT made of Bosnian war refugees' kids? :lol:

No. Some are also Serbs and Croats :D But only Iličić and Dedić were born in Bosnia. And few Slovenians...

@H.B.A
He won't get a chance in NUFC, he needs to play regular.

Hatem Ben Arfa

he could well get his chance, Cabaye is battling to be fit for City, Marveaux is injured, Ben Arfa will probably start and certainly cannot do a full 90 minutes. Obertan is also injured. I will not be surprised if he gets a substitute appearance at Man City. He should definitely be back on the bench.

He's already had 2 appearances this season from the bench in the Premier League.

He was amazing in Pre-season though. I honestly thought he would have got a start or 2 by now, but his bad luck with injuries seems to stop him whenever he threatens to make the breakthrough.

Hatem Ben Arfa

He had a fantastic game last night, and it wa his first Premier League start ever too!

He did not deserve to be on the losing side, and was unlucky not to score a couple of goals too.

The boy will have a big future in the game.

Hatem Ben Arfa

No. Some are also Serbs and Croats :D But only Iličić and Dedić were born in Bosnia. And few Slovenians...

@H.B.A
He won't get a chance in NUFC, he needs to play regular.

Speaking of him not getting a chance...

he's got his 2nd start today, he's playing now against Liverpool!

He must be impressing the manager in training.

I hope he scores against the scousers.

CLEB

Saw him in the Liverpool game. Not very mobile, is he? Slow to turn and couldn't run away from anyone. Maybe Pardew had him out of position but AM doesn't look to be his future role.

Home of Barca Fans