Ramos - Silva - Sakho - Vidic - Terry - Hummels - Pepe - Ferdinand - Evra
------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------- Rooney ----------------------------

Even this team would get raped.
Nuff said.

Rooney could drop deep & help the defense out

dalitis8

Banned
It will sound arrogant, but I think that the fact of the matter is that it appears almost impossible for any kind of combination of players to really take it to Barca.

If one goes for a very physical defensive team, then he severely compromises any attacking potential. If then you try and make amends, you expose yourself defensively. Furthermore, it is all theoretical. Not even the best suggestions in here are guaranteed even one iota of actual, on-pitch coherence.

I consider our defeat to Inter in 09/10, to have been an accident and an aberration. (Bus ride, no Iniesta, a well rested Inter, wrong tactics, off-side goal etc.)

The only team that actually managed to shut down Barcelona of the Pep era, was Chelski in 08/09. I also believe that the current Barca are stronger and wiser than they were then (the benefit accruing from the experience of having faced 2361 parked buses ever since) with the additions of Villa, Asexis and above all Cesc. So, if we had to face that ultra-defensive Chelski again, I think we would beat them, and easily so if we scored first. Furthermore, that team is now growing quite old, and the central figure (Essien) may as well be finished as a top player. So I would not worry too much about them in the coming CL season. But as I now see it. The only (real existing) teams with a realistic chance of knocking Barca out of the CL, are in ascending order: Chelsea, Man United, Man City and Real Madrid.

Birdy

@dalitis

you make some points, but you underestimate others..

I agree about the improvement from 08/09.
And i actually agree that hiddink chelsea 08/09 shut barca down, especially at St Bridge.

But dont be arrogant. There are some teams that actually beat barca..
You cannot sustain performance every 3 games. There are games you will lose.
And some teams can knock you out also..
Porto played very well in the final.. they could have caused more problems if they had been more lucky..

And inter 09/10 was one of those.
ok, you can say many things about volcano, rest, mourinho, iniesta, luck, referee etc,
but if you (everyone) starts seriously self-critcising, you will see it was a fair lose.
They choosed their tactics, we did not manage to break their bus and it was over.
and this happened 'on the field' and with no dirty play, unlike of what we have seen from madrid last 5 games.

But, it did happen for good. Now the team is more experienced in breaking buses..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
all these teams suck.

Godin?! :lol:

Xabi?! :lol:

Maicon?! :lol:

Seriously, guys?

Bergovic
Huth-Woodgate-Shawcross-Hinginbottom
Pennant-Wilson-Palacios-Etherington
Crouch-Jones

On a rainy night.

Author has taken Stoke City out because he knows that they are OP.

very very arrogant thread imo any team can beat us on any day hercules... there ya go... inter milan... real madrid in copa del rey.. i win

these two posts win the thread.

but because I love a bit of team-building:

Kameni
Sagna Rio Vidic Pepe
Yaya Zanetti
Sneijder
Eto'o Aguero Rooney

coach: Manuel Pellegrini​

Kameni because he's always awesome against us.

Sagna because he's an outstanding defensive RB.

Rio and Vidic because they're fucking Rio and Vidic. without them we woulda won our last 2 CL finals by like a bajillion goals.

Pepe because every LB in the world sucks defensively now (Cashley & Evra have gone to bits). Pepe's would be great defensively.

Yaya because he's a beast and he knows our midfielders.

Zanetti because I've never seen anyone do a number on Messi like he did in the 2010 semi-finals.

Sneijder because he's the best creative midfielder that doesn't play for us. picked ahead of Özil because he's more proven.

Eto'o and Rooney because they work harder than anyone and still have the immense quality needed to penetrate and cause problems.

Aguero because he's a magnificent player and has an outstanding track record of fucking us up.

and Pellegrini to coach because no one has a better record against us. he always does brilliantly when he plays us, home or away, and has done for many years.

the team would defend deep(ish) and play hard. the FB's wouldn't cross the halfway line and would ensure it's fackin' difficult to use the width of the pitch, forcing the play to come through the middle where Yaya and Zanetti would excellently shield Rio and Vidic. Sneijder would buzz the fuck around Busquets & Xavi to stop them starting attacks. the forwards would press the defence & Valdés hard, trying to force them into playing long passes which the defence would swallow up.

the team would break, at pace, through direct passes from Sneijder to the forwards. they would use the space behind the FB's and make use of Puyol's lack of pace.

dalitis8

Banned
Serious team there, but get Zanetti, Kameni and Rio out. Rio has been in serious decline for 3 years now. Zanetti will soon die of old age (2010 semi was his swansong) Kameni can get lucky against us sometimes, but that's about it.

W

Worms

It will sound arrogant, but I think that the fact of the matter is that it appears almost impossible for any kind of combination of players to really take it to Barca.

If one goes for a very physical defensive team, then he severely compromises any attacking potential. If then you try and make amends, you expose yourself defensively. Furthermore, it is all theoretical. Not even the best suggestions in here are guaranteed even one iota of actual, on-pitch coherence.

I consider our defeat to Inter in 09/10, to have been an accident and an aberration. (Bus ride, no Iniesta, a well rested Inter, wrong tactics, off-side goal etc.)

The only team that actually managed to shut down Barcelona of the Pep era, was Chelski in 08/09. I also believe that the current Barca are stronger and wiser than they were then (the benefit accruing from the experience of having faced 2361 parked buses ever since) with the additions of Villa, Asexis and above all Cesc. So, if we had to face that ultra-defensive Chelski again, I think we would beat them, and easily so if we scored first. Furthermore, that team is now growing quite old, and the central figure (Essien) may as well be finished as a top player. So I would not worry too much about them in the coming CL season. But as I now see it. The only (real existing) teams with a realistic chance of knocking Barca out of the CL, are in ascending order: Chelsea, Man United, Man City and Real Madrid.

:lol: No chance we have proven over the last 3 years that they are nothing but flat track bullys,Fergie still hasn't improved on what was the worst Midfield ever to play in a CL Final.

W

Worms

all these teams suck.

Kameni
Sagna Rio Vidic Pepe
Yaya Zanetti
Sneijder
Eto'o Aguero Rooney

Rio and Vidic because they're fucking Rio and Vidic. without them we woulda won our last 2 CL finals by like a bajillion goals.

Pepe because every LB in the world sucks defensively now (Cashley & Evra have gone to bits). Pepe's would be great defensively.

Zanetti because I've never seen anyone do a number on Messi like he did in the 2010 semi-finals.

Sneijder because he's the best creative midfielder that doesn't play for us. picked ahead of Özil because he's more proven.

Eto'o and Rooney because they work harder than anyone and still have the immense quality needed to penetrate and cause problems.

Aguero because he's a magnificent player and has an outstanding track record of fucking us up.

and Pellegrini to coach because no one has a better record against us. he always does brilliantly when he plays us, home or away, and has done for many years.

the team would defend deep(ish) and play hard. the FB's wouldn't cross the halfway line and would ensure it's fackin' difficult to use the width of the pitch, forcing the play to come through the middle where Yaya and Zanetti would excellently shield Rio and Vidic. Sneijder would buzz the fuck around Busquets & Xavi to stop them starting attacks. the forwards would press the defence & Valdés hard, trying to force them into playing long passes which the defence would swallow up.

the team would break, at pace, through direct passes from Sneijder to the forwards. they would use the space behind the FB's and make use of Puyol's lack of pace.

LOL LOL LOL Pepe at LB :lol:

Kameni :lol:

Rio and Vidic at CB,why because they play for your favorite team ? lol they are not mobile or clever enough to play against Barca which has already been proven twice.Vidic standing there when Messi scored without closing him down,standing there like a donkey :lol:

Rooney was shit in the final too apart from the offside goal.

Also you do realize Zanetti played left back against Barca?Obviously not as you have put fucking Pepe there lol.

It seems all you have done is pick the 11 best players you can think off and try to fit square pegs into round holes but the team shape and gameplan must ALWAYS come first.

Now for a serious team to challenge the greatest team ever.

-----------------------Neuer
Lahm---------T Silva---------Samuel----Zanetti

--------Cambiasso -----Pepe--
-------------------------------Alvaro Pereira

-----------------Sneider
---Suarez
----------------Eto

Samuel would be the CB who mainly covers but it is essential that both CB's are able to come out of defense to challenge Messi when he receives the ball behind Cambiasso and Pepe.(Vidic and Ferdinand are incapable at doing this to a satisfactory level).When this happens Zanetti has the intelligence to tuck in momentarily and Alvaro Pereira must be alert to track Alves runs.

Cambiasso is proven to be the best DM to play against Barca,he is the master of blocking passing options and with the more aggressive Pepe and Alvaro sometimes making it 3 DM's.

Alvaro would track the runs of Alves and he is also capable of starting counter attacks.He is a superb athlete who is excellent at closing players down and he can play LB,LWB,DM and LM.

Sneider would start counter attacks by using his passing skills to hit Alvaro,Eto and Suarez quickly.He is also mobile and hard working enough to man mark Xavi when Barca have possesion as shown in the 2010 CL.

Eto will mark Busquets when he is playing deep,when he swaps with Xavi and goes further foward Eto and Sneider swap which players they mark.
Suarez and Eto are both mobile and fast,both are lethal at counter attacking and would both interchange positions throughout the match.

What is most important is this system is flexible,the players and formation are capable of adapting to a high pressing or deep gameplan.

To play a more aggresive,high pressure game the formation can easily switch to:

------Cambiasso------Pepe

--------------Sneider

Suarez--------------------Alvaro
--------------Eto

etc

Last edited:

zanela

all these teams suck.

oh please, get off your high horse..Godin is still better than the crippled Rio "i can't rap" Ferdinand.

The Uruguyuan is pacy, good on the ball but also physical and aggressive. He adds that 'bite' to the defense. His positioning can be a suspect but he'll get enough cover. Alongside a competent defender, he's a totally diff proposition.

My team barring a couple, is composed of low key but very capable and no-nonsense players. Players who 'll successfully implement and execute a tactical plan and do a job in a one off fixture.

Richard.H

all these teams suck.

Kameni
Sagna Rio Vidic Pepe
Yaya Zanetti
Sneijder
Eto'o Aguero Rooney

Strong Man U bias buddy.

Home of Barca Fans