Create a team to beat Barcelona.

X

xaviniesta

can't wait to see us playing against real betis this season. they have been the ONLY side that i've seen outplayed and outscored barcelona in recent times. although both teams were missing some players, but still, i really enjoyed how they played against us. (copa 3-1)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I'd roll with

----------------------Cesar-------------------------
--Maicon-----Kompany------T.Silva-----Sakho--
----------------------Pepe--------------------------
--------Schweinsteiger------Pirlo-----------------
--Krasic----------------------------------Silva-----
-------------------Rooney--------------------------

jamrock

------------------Cesar

---Maicon----T.Silva---Hummels----Marcelo

-------------------Javi

-----------Alonso---------Silva

----Robben-------Eto'o-------Ronaldo

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Id try sht like ...

----------- Neuer
Lahm - Vidic - Hummels - Marcelo
----------Yaya Toure
------ Khedira -- Pepe
Robben -- Müller - Ronaldo

GK with immense reflexes. quick FBs that are good enough in defensive 1:1s and can join the attacks too. 3 powerful but still agile and technically solid CMs to shut down the central MF while using Toure as long pass outlet. The fastest and best scoring wingers in the game to abuse the high defense. A pacy and hard working CS that is also able to beat BArcas CS in 1-1s. Also 6 tall players (Vididc, Hummels, Toure, Khedira, Pepe and CR) that are an aireal threat at set pieces.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
You are probably picking the worst left back possible against Barca, but then again there aren't many choices available.

sukhy

This might work -

-------------- Neuer --------------
--- T. Silva --- Vidic --- Pepe -----
Maicon -------Toure --------- Cole
--- Silva --- Sneijder --- Ronaldo --
------------- Rooney -------------

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Indeed. I dont rate Coentrao higher defensively (from what i saw from him against Porto last year). Should consider Evra or Cashley, but i didnt see a lot from them lately. Also i dont mind the FBs to be offensive. Idea is to shut down the center of the pitch and use the wings for attacks.

Trequartista

The good
There is no way on earth Marcelo is good enough in defensive 1 on 1s,he has some qualities being good in one on ones are not one of those though
surprised some people are leaving out Rooney,I would put him as a number 10 with someone like Ronaldo running in front of him,thats how you can get the best out of the 2nd and 3rd best attacking talents in the world
then defend with 2 banks of four,pressing up high at some minutes to surprise barca then sitting deep
Vidic-Hummels would be a brilliant partnership anyway

zanela

I'd love Hummels in my team, but everyone's got him. :(

A hardworking and physical MF apt for man-marking and pressing the entire match. The modus operandi same as el tren.

---------------Muslera-----------------
Isla-------Godin----Sakho--------Ansaldi
---------Bruno------J.Martinez--------
Navas----------Schweiny---------Müller
---------------Drogba-----------------

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans