World Gangsta XI

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah, Pablo Garcia is still playing for those bastards at PAOK.

In fact Rios still has nothing on him, as Rios never ranted about how La Liga is for sissies.

zanela

See, this is why I started this thread. While some are the more obvious ones, I wanted to learn about those I'm not familiar with. Having researched on a few names suggested here, my head hurts. :shakeshead: :lol:

It has to be said todays boys have nothing on the hard men(Gentile, Goikoetxea etc) of yesteryears. That was some extreme male androgens at work.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
See, this is why I started this thread. While some are the more obvious ones, I wanted to learn about those I'm not familiar with. Having researched on a few names suggested here, my head hurts. :shakeshead: :lol:

It has to be said todays boys have nothing on the hard men(Gentile, Goikoetxea etc) of yesteryears. That was some extreme male androgens at work.

You should find this interesting:
http://www.midfielddynamo.com/leagues/spain/top_hardmen.htm
http://www.midfielddynamo.com/leagues/italy/top_hardmen.htm

(For some reason they call Diego Simeone Uruguayan though. I know he's an absolute badass, but that doesn't make him Uruguayan!)

Last edited:

zanela

Educative, indeed. Thank you!

Alfaro-Navarro, a match made in hell. Navarro's tackle on Arango must be the bloodiest of the last decade. (not recommended for the weak heart)

"... And the best of these stories will always be from 2004 and a Copa del Rey tie between Atletico Madrid and Sevilla, where Spanish daily sports paper Marca famously showed a photo of Alfaro with his hands shoved up an Atletico forward's bottom. Now that's what you call tight man-to-man marking."

:lol:

Never knew Jose Camacho had a hard-man reputation.

"...Anyway, back to that sweating - blimey if he's like that as a manager, then imagine those armpits after he's grabbed you in a head-lock after an hour of running around in the searing Spanish heat."

:lol:

Migueli and Nadal :hooray:

So, I understand Javier Clemente(mentioned in the article a few times) was the brains of the 80's Athletic Bilbao, notorious for its nasty defense. Was he the Jose Mourinho of the 80s, or a more classy man?

The article covering the Italian hard-men is incomplete, only shows Ferrini. :(

Robbie

In wake of all the recent El Clásico brawls, I thought i dedicate a thread to the mad and bad boys of football. They're notorious for their temper and on/off pitch-aggression. Loved by the faithfuls, despised by the opposition camp..I present to you my WORLD BAD BOY XI:

-----------------Kahn----------------------
Ramos-----Pepe-----Materazzi----Mihajlović
-----Roy Keane--Gattuso---Effenberg-------
--------Maradona------Cantona-----------
---------------Zlatan--------------

Manager: Mourinho

:p

yours?

Your Gangsta 11 is missing someone

l_81b7109d251c4254044d8f45f0fa0f49.jpg

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
bad boy XI of current players only. and I'm not just going for psychos, being a thug or an aggressive dick will get you on this team.

The World Cunt XI:

Pinto
Ramos Pepe Carvalho Marcelo
De Jong
Rios MVB
Barton
Suarez Zlatan​

(honourable mention to Arbeloa, who's a decent guy normally but turns into a hooting dickhole whenever a Barcelona player is nearby).

(and RVP, who will always be a piece of shit, but is completely outcunted by Suarez and Zlatan for both scale and consistency).

BIKEY!

+ That guy from Senegal who had one good WC (02)... Diouf?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So, I understand Javier Clemente(mentioned in the article a few times) was the brains of the 80's Athletic Bilbao, notorious for its nasty defense. Was he the Jose Mourinho of the 80s, or a more classy man?

Well his personality is nothing like Mourinho, but there's similarities in that Clemente's Athletic was bitter rival of Barca and apparently during Menotti's brief tenure at Barca the two hated each other; Menotti called him authoritarian and accused his defensive style of killing the game, Clemente dismissed him as a hippy. There was even a brawl between the two teams after a Copa final, though as far as I know Clemente didn't take part in it.

He's known as something of a strict taskmaster, I think he's much harder on his own players than Mourinho. And as disgusting as Mourinho's Madrid are, the Athletic of the 80s were much more violent. Goikoetxea almost ruined the careers of Barcelona's two most talented players of that decade, Maradona and Schuster.

And yeah, it looks like the Italy article isn't working now. I remember Claudio Gentile, Mauro Tassotti (the asshole who elbowed Lucho in the World Cup) and Romeo Benetti were on the list.

Last edited:

H725

Juanito against Matthaus in the '80

I'm curious about how many games was banned that bastard.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Clemente was more respectable than Mourinho, though, because he openly admitted to his thuggish tactics. he didn't pretend his team were angels.

plus I think he invented the term "tiki-taka" - which is more of a contribution to football than Mourinho's made.

zanela

Well his personality is nothing like Mourinho, but there's similarities in that Clemente's Athletic was bitter rival of Barca and apparently during Menotti's brief tenure at Barca the two hated each other; Menotti called him authoritarian and accused his defensive style of killing the game, Clemente dismissed him as a hippy. There was even a brawl between the two teams after a Copa final, though as far as I know Clemente didn't take part in it.

This must be the Brawl. :p

Juanito against Matthaus in the '80

I'm curious about how many games was banned that bastard.

wth hell?... :(

DucdeOrléans

This must be the winner.

President: Jesús Gil y Gil

Manager: José Mourinho

HARALD SCHUMACHER

Gentile-Stuart Pierce-Terry Butcher-Goikoetxea

Vinnie Jones-Keane

Barton

Cantona-Giuseppe Sculli (grandson of Giuseppe Morabito) Duncan Ferguson (9 red cards)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans