Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kanoute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

nebeer

Love is All
Who is the best out and out striker in La Liga? I know we all have favorites, but who do you think is the best striker in La Liga? And yes, though Messi may qualify as a striker as well, I am keeping him out of this poll - as we know who we would all vote for with him as an option.

Last edited:

Zqa-

Tough call. Goalwise Eto'o atm, and Nistel when fit. Overall Villa is probably the best.. but I'm really not sure. Eto'o ball control have been fading ever since he got injured.. But I dunno really.

I choose Eto'o though. I like him the most he he.

nebeer

Love is All
I myself am an Eto'o fan as well, though I am still pondering over this. Villa, Eto'o, Aguero and RVN are all really good. Im kind of hoping that this thread will make me decide.

thierry14henry

You should know who would I choose with my username
Based on history, ability, experience, form, pace, it must be henry. This season most of etoo's goals were tap-ins, you have to admit, if he took all his chances he would have double the tally he has right now. Based on ability currently and form and taking chances %, it must be villa. Aguero is not great yet. RVN also scores lots of tap-ins, raul does not have great ability, but he does take headers and chances. The others (not forlan) should not be in this list.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Mainly based on their performances over the last few seasons. You can take notice of current form too (if quality of the player has improved, then that should be taken into consideration), but it's more like trying to decide who is the best overall.

maz

I walk the line
I think rvn has been one of the greatest strikers of our generation. Ronaldo de Lima is most probably THE greatest of our generation (i.e. mid-to-late 90s up until present day), but just below him sits rvn with one or two others (including raúl).

However i think in terms of la liga, eto'o has been the best striker of the last 5 years or so. He has had some bad patches, but i think when he was on form, he was untouchable. His agility, pace, defending from the front, winning mentality, ability to get in the right place..they all added up to make him the best striker in the world (in my opinion) in the 05/06 season.

On current form (i.e. last two seasons)..i would say there are a few players that can stake their claim. In particular villa and forlán. Of those two, i would say villa has been the more consistent, although forlán has built a great partnership with kun.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
Eto. Like maz said, over the past 5 years he was the best. Even last season when he was injured and out at ACN, once he returned he scored almost in every single match he played in.

nebeer

Love is All
I think it can be a tough call between Eto'o and Villa. But still to be honest with myself, I think Villa has the edge over Eto'o for me. Btw, I'm a great admirer of Henry as well. Though at Barca we didn't get the chance to see him as CF yet.

nebeer

Love is All
I also voted for Villa. I think he is custom made for the CF role at Barca. A very composed, consistent - cool finisher.

maz

I walk the line
Eto'o scored tonight, but villa seems to be a much more clinical finisher than eto'o this season. Imagine if we had villa running onto some of the balls eto'o was fed.

I feel bad saying these things about sammy. Because the truth is he is my favourite player at the club. But i think his time is up.

Home of Barca Fans