13 Ceará 25
14 Santos 22
15 Grêmio 21
16 Bahia 19 20
17 Atlético PR 18
18 Avaí
19 Atlético Mineiro 15
20 América Mineiro 13

Watched Santos-Sao Paulo recently that ended 1-1 and saw some nice stuff from Ganso and Neymar but was again reminded of poor quality of defending. They are simply allowed too much space.
Also, had a nice surprise as Rivaldo came on for Sao Paulo late in the game :)

One last thing: Ronaldinho is current mvp of the league with 10 goals and 6 assists

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
My favourite Brazilian club, Vasco, is having a great season after climbing their way back after relegation in 08...but against Flamengo head coach Ricardo Gomes suffered a stroke. :( Forca Ricardo!

Deco plays over there now doesn't he?

He plays for Flu, yup.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Dont watch enough, is Conca still the main man at Flu?

Never really adopted a Brazilian team, loved watching Santos when they had Leo, Renato, Alex, Binho, Diego, Elano, Riccy Oliveira, Nene, Almeida but wanted to support a Rio side, they all have kinda crap kits. Flamengo are probs closest to my affections.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If you want to support a Rio side you should do like I did and support Vasco. Badass kits and the first team to play black footballers.

Do any of the Brazilians around here know anything about Gustavo Campanharo? He's some midfield Fiorentina signed for the youth team from Juventude, never heard of him before.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I also support whoever Santos is playing. I hate those bastards, they are even worse than Flam.

DucdeOrléans

Flamengo is the favourite here for obvious reasons (although I rarely watch more than 4-5 games during a season). Rio based (this already beats the non Rio-based teams), great history, Maracanã stadium, red and black colours just as AC Milan and FCB (more or less), most attendants pr. game in the Brazilian Serie A, amazing supporters and legends such as Zizinho, Zico, Zagallo, Sócrates, Romário, Leonardo, Gérson, GARRINCHA, Friedenreich, Djalminha, Bebeto etc. who all have played for the club.

I also take a look at Sao Paulo's results from time to time because of a certain Rivaldo playing for them. What a legend he is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watching 2nd half of Santos - Sao Paulo. Looks like a nice game. Great goal from Jadson for Sao Paulo and Neymar's assist for Santos' Miralles.
Lucio owned Neymar on couple of occasions. Sao Paulo being a strong opponent this might be a worthy chance to assess Neymat.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Caught the final 20 mins. of Santos-Paulista (1-3).
Few wonderful goals..
Neymar was ok. Hit the post, scored one and was generally successful in beating his markers.

F

Flavia

Caught the final 20 mins. of Santos-Paulista (1-3).
Few wonderful goals..
Neymar was ok. Hit the post, scored one and was generally successful in beating his markers.

That's not from Brazilian Serie A, though. It's the regional championship of sao paulo. Paulista plays on serie c (third division) on the Brazilian championship.

Home of Barca Fans