Swansea City

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Pozuelo, Vasquez, Canas

He's filled the squad with cheap Spanish players from mid table to relegation threatened sides hoping they'd uncover the next Michu. But even he is starting to seem like a one season wonder.

Plus Shelvey is absolutely shite.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Swansea seem to be crashing and burning at the moment.

The amount of bias towards Laudrup is quite incredible though in terms of what people think of his managerial ability. Sure he has charisma he has experience and the knowhow but has he really improved Swansea since he took over from Rodgers?

BR's Swansea was a team made out of largely championship and League 1 players and he took them up and finished 11th with 47 points despite being massive favourites to be relegated. Last year Swansea finished 9th but with 46 points and won the carling cup. This year they will finish with similar points total and position. They haven't improved in the league table since Rodgers left despite significant cash injection. Laudrup has bought a lot of very very average players from La Liga Michu aside. You can tell how great a coach Rodgers is really looking at his Swansea team. Williams, Allen, Dyer, Sinclair, Britton, Rangel and Taylor all went form non- league or lower league players to PL level within a few years not only that they played a highly technical style of football and outplayed many of the top sides doing so. I for one was stunned how good they were both times we played them that season. I know that Laudrup has won the league cup and credit to him but in general I don't think they are as good as a side they were two years ago.

Home of Barca Fans