Swansea City

zanela

I had been reading about their passing game, but until tonight I hadn't watched them enough, only few highlights. After the liverpool match, i got a better feel of the team, and i must say they are not bad at all, not for a newly promoted EPL side. They 've a nice rhythm to their play, capable of swift counters and can pass the ball nicely. But, they need to improve their finall ball (esp that Dyer kid, pacy with decent skills but disappointing in the attackin' third), and stop giving the ball away cheaply (sometimes not completing a simple pass/astray ones killing the attack, which initially looked to 've potential :() and of course the finishing. You should get our boy from Blackburn. ;) With the chances you create, he'd give you the final product, and fit in nicely with your style of play. The boy got skills and the predatory instinct. At Blackburn, he's required to do a lot on his own, and they 're not very pleasant to watch. He should 've never gone to them in the first place.
So BrianSwan, tell your ppl to sign him. :)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
They play the most beautiful football in England... Arsenal and City got nothing on their style

Ventus

I love Swansea. Just the fact that they have the balls to go out and play attacking football in that league amazes me. If they are relegated, which I expect, it will be a sad day.
Well done Swansea. :beer2:

B

BrianSwan

Xavi and Thiago are, with Swansea's Britton, the players in Europe's top leagues with the best pass accuracy: 94% completed

B

BrianSwan

Swansea have the 4th highest average possesion at home out of the top 5 leagues.

mateopol

I need to watch Swansea. Good that they are trying to play passing game. If Swansea doesn't lose to ManU, I'm on Swansea bandwagon.:)

Those stats above me are impressive. Swansea:worthy:

Banana-Rama

sometimes i wonder how a team like swansea can play such a nice passing game with such a low budget squad, yet man united seem incapable of it with there expensively assembled squad, honestly leon britton would be an improvement on our current centre mids right now................

B

BrianSwan

It's the type of players we have, all small pocket size and good on the ball.

Another stat will show that we sacrifice a big area by having this - Aerial ball winning 30%

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Britton wouldn't improve United's midfield right now.

he'd be out of his element in a team that doesn't play the same style as him and wouldn't be anything like as good.

having basic success with a passing style is not about quality of players. Swansea are proof of that.

apart from Darron Gibson, every United midfielder would get in Swansea's team. without question. and what would happen? Brendan Rodgers would have them all playing his style of football (they're all capable) and Swansea would be much better.

with Swansea, as with us, it's about the system.

Rodgers is a really really good manager. I have been very impressed.

Fergie has always had United play a different way so them trying to copy our style is futile. guarantee you the reason Fergie wants Sneijder is because he has a wicked diagonal pass on him and can get forward and be a factor in the final third with goals and assists (basically do what Scholes used to do in 2003).

Home of Barca Fans