Tom Cleverley

veryfatchocobo

Well. He really didn't stand out as much to me as Smalling (what a monster; one of the most underrated players imo), Anderson, or Nani when I watched the game live in DC. but then again, he really didn't have as much of the ball as Iniesta and Thiago (who were both amazing)

W

Worms

It says more about United as a team than Cleverley as a player that he's a starter for them.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It says more about United as a team than Cleverley as a player that he's a starter for them.

Yes & no...I think it says more about the state of English footy & midfielders there

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Jenks

I'd like to see him put under some more pressure before I rate him. The Barca game was a meaningless friendly, and the Arsenal game was a joke.

Jenks

2-0 down to City? ended in a 2-3 win?

There's an argument there I suppose, but if you watched the game, United absolutely bossed it from start to finish. The goals both game against the run of play, and the rest of his team was on top around him.

M

M00se

Lol @ all the Cleverley hating, has anyone actually seen his stat ratio's per games this season, no? Well he's always had a 90%+ completion rate, no central midfielers in the top league's hit that apart from Iniestia and Xavi and Scholes (before he retired).

Funny comparing him to Henderson though :lol: some even saying Henderson's better :lol:who stats are like sucessful pass ratio's are like 67% this season, even Liverpool fans have been calling his for his head already.

Jenks

It's not that he isn't good, it's just that people like Barkley, McEachran and and Morrison all look better prospects right now, especially when you consider that he's 22 already. I've little doubt that he'll be an England regular, and important for United, but I'd describe him as solid rather than spectacular.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
It's not that he isn't good, it's just that people like Barkley, McEachran and and Morrison all look better prospects right now, especially when you consider that he's 22 already. I've little doubt that he'll be an England regular, and important for United, but I'd describe him as solid rather than spectacular.

Barkley? LOL. He's done nothing.

Jenks

I never said he had done anything, I said he looks a better prospect, especially given that he's five years younger.

M

M00se

See that's the problem, people look at Wilshere and see he's 19 and playing at a WC level and think 'great player' people see Cleverley who's also been playing at a WC level so far this season, see he's 22 and dismiss him, more so than they would if he was 22 months younger, why? :eusa_think:

I'm not a Barcelona fan, but Barcelona and Spain as a whole to me seem to judge quality over age (be it 19, 27, 31) - I guess the English speaking Barcelona fans don't, culture thing maybe or is it more hatered for United since most people's 2nd teams on here are the Arsenal's and Chelsea's. But let me just remind people Iniesta was about 22/23 before he started standing out, Xavi 27, Zidane around 24, age is nothing in football and who cares anyway as long as they do eventually develop into a quality footballer, ftr 22 is young anyway :smiley_scared:

Home of Barca Fans