FC Porto

Meitux

Well i dont follow Porto or know much about him,but i think he will get some chances this season as James Rodriguez left

Last edited:

coura

Banned
He will be loaned again. He has no chance with Quintero and other wingers Porto bought. He needs to play in Europe, not Argentina.

Martinez may leave this winter already.
Someone should post a detailed summary of all known Porto transfers in the last ten seasons. That would be sick. I suppose it is the most lucrative decade of transfers for a single club, inflation adjusted.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Would be interesting, but you have to account for the fact that they usually do not own much of those players, 3rd party investement funds buy most of the rights of the players and then cash big time with it. Without those 3rd parties, Portuguese football would've been nowhere near the level they are now.

Der Kaiser

Would be interesting, but you have to account for the fact that they usually do not own much of those players, 3rd party investement funds buy most of the rights of the players and then cash big time with it. Without those 3rd parties, Portuguese football would've been nowhere near the level they are now.

Damn I didnt know that! I was windering why they keep selling their best players so early, they could build a serious team with them.

coura

Banned

You have missed an important part: at the time of sale Porto owns 95 or 100% of the players.
Example: Hulk. Bought from Japan 5.5M for 50%. 2 years later the club bought the remaining 50% for 8M. That deal was done at the time of the purchase. And then he was sold for 55.
Same goes for James Rodriguez etc.
Th 3rd party is used to have cash flow in some occasions.
In recent years Porto have bought some expensive players for Portugal finantial reality: Danilo, Jackson, Alex Sandro, Quintero, Herrera and Reyes. Danilo was bought with BMG, a Brazilian bank as a partner. But he was way overpriced....terrible deal.
It´s not the perfect deal but he has been working good in the the last 20 years.

coura

Banned
Damn I didnt know that! I was windering why they keep selling their best players so early, they could build a serious team with them.

Many of them are sold because the buying club uses the release clause. When players come to Porto they know that will be in the club 3-4 years and then go to another club for a good amount.
Porto has sold several players for values way higher than their really value. Good strategy and tuff dealers like Tottenham.

I don't think buying back their player's rights is systematic for Porto. It didn't happen with Falcao. I will definitely research this now

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD claiming that Lopetegui will be stepping down from his position as head coach of Spain's U21 side to take over at Porto next season...If true, will be very interesting to see how he does at a big club...I've admired him for a few years now and wondered what sort of club coach he might make...Big loss for Spanish football as I imagine he would've been in line as a potential Del Bosque replacement in a couple of years but it is what it is

Home of Barca Fans