Most promising youngster that flopped?

Jurij

I never really believed in Bojan and people used to dislike me for it. So I don't think he actually flopped. Flopped to what? My expectation was that he would have been sold 1 or 2 years before he was sold and to a small Spanish club or Holland club. So all in all I am supriced by the interest in him. People still call him a great player that they want back. I just don't see the talent.

Thiago was for me the biggest flop as we sold him before he became great. I also expected much more from Montoya.

L

linetty

Munir has never shown that much promise...He's shown he can be a very good player but not world class so he can't flop hard for now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Munir has never shown that much promise...He's shown he can be a very good player but not world class so he can't flop hard for now.

I don't think there's anyone on this forum that flip flops their opinion as much as you do. Literally go from unwavering support to writing players off within the span of a few games. This is from earlier this season:

Game changer. Definitely stands out. Future.

He just literally exploded this past season. Massive talent. You look at his game and you think he's got everything. Pace, cold-blooded finishing, headers, magnificent passes, good first touch, tricky dribbling, great control on the ball...

What a turnaround. From having lower ceiling than Dongou to best prospect we've had in years.

Such a beast already and still so much room for improvement. He needs to keep working hard and he'll rise big.

And I could probably observe the same change in opinion on the likes of Roberto, Rafinha, Bartra, etc. if I bothered to look. Learn the difference between current form/performance and inherent ability.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
They say you have to hit rock bottom to reach true greatness , you sir just did.

from DonAspas to DonSherlock. :worthy:

Last edited:

Adrian

Thiago was for me the biggest flop as we sold him before he became great.

We still had the guy when he was named the best player of the U-21 World Cup. Then he went off to Bayern and succeeded there after the offer from Guardiola. Unfortunate.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Was reading about some guy that played with Messi at Newells that 'supposedly' had more potential than Leo when he was younger but now plays in Peru. Not sure what his name was.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realise that this was about La Masia youngsters.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans