Hector Bellerin

fergus90

If it wasn't for the "Barca DNA", he wouldn't be a target. Not good enough for Barca, which is why I anticipate we end up signing him for 30million soon enough.

JackSparrow

If he wants to get back then why did he sign a new contract during the season with Arsenal?
I'd pass him and find a different target. Its shameful to spend big money on players that are from your own youth system.

Thanks, but no thanks! Come for free or dont come at all.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
At least he's an actual right back, it also lets Roberto enter the midfield rotation which helps a lot. Also Vidal can compete for right back spot.

serghei

One of the few upsides is that he can grow at Barca and that he has some clear physical attributes required to play as a RB for us.

But, yeah, I don't particularly like him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'll be pleasantly surprised if this ends up as anything more than a colossal failure.

Anything is better than playing Roberto out of position and completely wasting him. Bellerin is an actual right back and is good going forwards. He isn't that great at defending but has a lot of speed. I think he will be like Alba, good on his day but inconsistent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Anything is better than playing Roberto out of position and completely wasting him. Bellerin is an actual right back and is good going forwards. He isn't that great at defending but has a lot of speed. I think he will be like Alba, good on his day but inconsistent.

An 'actual right back'?? Means very little that we can call him a RB on paper. It doesn't mean he'll actually be good at RB, hell maybe not even better than Roberto. Being a natural RB hasn't stopped Bellerin from getting benched in his own position by Oxlade-Chamberlain of all people :lol:.

Bellerin's footballing IQ is shocking. Even going forward he's poor in most aspects. His movement is pretty much only linear, his passing is among the most unimaginative I've seen of almost any RB around. Even though Roberto isn't good enough at RB, you can still see him move to occupy space and combine with players or just be useful in manipulating defenses while we build up. Bellerin makes him look like Alves in this regard. Alba is also a far more intelligent fullback from what we've seen. He's always had great chemistry with Iniesta and he manages to be fairly decent passing outlet in buildup, his faults are mostly in the final third.

I pray that it's just the verticality of the EPL that makes him look THAT bad or dumbed him down from his La Masia days. He cannot play the way he does at Barca in La Liga, he'll be thoroughly exposed. It takes far more intelligence than he shows in most games to be a useful asset in a possession based team that operates in less space. Is it possible that he grows and adapts? Yes. However the magnitude to which Bellerin would have to reinvent himself to become a good RB for Barca is something that one can't simply expect of him, it's a very low probability of it happening. It'd be a crazy impressive feat of player development and man-management if Valverde manages to pull it off, it's not something we can just 'assume' will happen.

cro-man

Rule n1 never buy anyone from arsenal there is a reason why they dont win anything.... We can just hope we wont buy him...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[tw]868047247858073600[/tw]

Capdevila says, Not qualifying for the Champions League has made Bellerin decide to leave Arsenal and his family have already packed their bags to move back to Barcelona.

Damn it!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans