Hector Bellerin

God Serena

If Bellerin guy likes playing for Wenger, he has a poor taste. Do we want somebody like that!?

Wenger quite literally made his career, he'd be flopping around at Barca B or floating around on loan right now if he'd have stayed here. It's no real shock that he likes the guy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I guess if Wenger leaves and he want to make the World Cup squad, he might indeed jump ship as I cannot see him making past Carvajal and Juanfran right now, then Alba, Azpilicueta on the left, where Azpi can play as a RB too. Escudero been called up recently too for the LB position.

This might not be a Robert decision, but a Barca board one if we decide to pursue him.

Last edited:

Richard.H

He isn't that good. I don't understand the hype around him. He thrives because he plays in a mediocre Arsenal side. No way you can compare our team (even at its current state) to Arsenal.

xXKonan

He isn't that good. I don't understand the hype around him. He thrives because he plays in a mediocre Arsenal side. No way you can compare our team (even at its current state) to Arsenal.
He's fast and he's Catalan and a former La Masia player and that's all it takes for some people. :p

God Serena

There's no way he's worse than not having a single RB on the team.

Truthist

I would sign him, we need an injection of serious pace down that side. I'm not sure Arsenal will let him go on he cheap so the it looks very unlikely it will happen.

Yannik

For me one of the most overrated players there is. Imo he's basically just an average player that happens to be insanely fast. One of the best ways to burn a shitload of money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me one of the most overrated players there is. Imo he's basically just an average player that happens to be insanely fast. One of the best ways to burn a shitload of money.

You were hip on him a year ago though Yannik. Called him a pretty solid fullback.

Overrated yes, overpriced yes, but you're being a bit harsh on him there. That's what people said of Bale as well you know until he pretty much lit up the scene.

Still 21 years old, so a lot of time to improve, especially under the right circumstances.

Even your own boy Lahm took some time to settle down. Not saying Bellerin will be anywhere close to Lahm or Alves lol, but there's a lot of room for improvement and if he is willing to learn and work hard, he could become really good.

But should Barcelona sign Bellerin for potentially 40-50m? Nope.

Last edited:

xXKonan

This will just be another Cesc-like transfer in the making aka spending big money to bring back a former La Masia youth. Well at least with Cesc everyone knew of his quality and it got people hyped up about what he could bring to the team.

Bellerin for me at least he reminds me of a younger-right footed/taller Jordi Alba. I mean pace is a great tool to have but it's not worth spending 40-50 million on that only. we are probably spoiled when it came to Alves as he had Pace and he was quality on the technical side as he didn't need to use his pace to bail him out of tricky situations.

Bellerin is young and will improve a lot as time goes on but at this moment not worth the 40-50 million Arsenal would want for him.

Barcilliant

Hugely overrated!

Please no. I am sick of us buying mediocre shit from Arsenal. Too bad we have such a shitty scouting system because I am sure there are alot of better right backs out there

BBZ8800

Extremely fast headless chicken.

It seems that our summer transfer policy will be:
Keep MSN
Keep all current midfielders. Buy zero new midfielders.
Buy a RB for 50 Millions.
Hire a new coach.
Expect wonders (from the same team with an addition of a headless chicken).

Poor man's Jordi Alba.

If he weren't a Catalan, nobody would care for him probably.

Last edited:

Jombi

Extremely fast headless chicken.

It seems that our summer transfer policy will be:
Keep MSN
Keep all current midfielders. Buy zero new midfielders.
Buy a RB for 50 Millions.
Hire a new coach.
Expect wonders (from the same team with an addition of a headless chicken).

Poor man's Jordi Alba.

If he weren't a Catalan, nobody would care for him probably.

Its certainly true we wouldnt be interested in him if he wasn't Catalan. We can get better RBs for half the price giving us spare funds to boost the midfield and get more depth up front. Our transfer policy is absolutely killing us, wasting huge amounts of money every year, while not strengthening our team at all, and still being extremely reliant on the old La Masia guard of Pique, Busi, Iniesta and Messi.

Home of Barca Fans