2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
FC Barcelona vs FC Porto
Friday; 26th August
Stadium: Louis II, Monaco.

barcelona-vs-porto.gif

goope

Villa-boas left to Chelsea, Falcao left to Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona smashed Madrid and won the Spanish Supercup without having a preseason and has more than a week to prepare only for the UEFA Supercup.

The Gamper trophy won't be any pressure so the players can get practice but can also play cautious so they don't get injured.
I have a very good feeling.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Villa-boas left to Chelsea, Falcao left to Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona smashed Madrid and won the Spanish Supercup without having a preseason and has more than a week to prepare only for the UEFA Supercup.

The Gamper trophy won't be any pressure so the players can get practice but can also play cautious so they don't get injured.
I have a very good feeling.

Not sure about smashed...pretty tight game, anyhow with Falcao gone it should be a little easier, but other than the odd game i haven't really seen Porto, vs Villareal though they were carved open countless of time just Villareal couldn't put the chances away

Last edited:

Science Kid

Why would it?It's a European competition,it has nothing to do with the strike.For example,Sevilla and Atletico Madrid played yesterday in the Europa Cup and they're playing their rematches next Thursday,a day before our match.

rmpcsl

he is a good player with a strong body and quickness strong shoot(not directed well most of the times) but not so great as everybody thinks and besides it will be Abi defending him so it should be ok.
And he is bit selfish always try to shoot the ball.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
We should comfortably win this with Falcao gone, 12th trophy under Pep on its way

SwiftGuyver

yeah Villas-Boas & Falcao are gone and Pereira looks like he's on his way out soon as well...

they still have very good players in Moutinho (although he may be off too!), Hulk, Defour, Alex Sandro, Walter etc etc etc but i can't see anything other than a Barca win...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I like that Barca will be playing Gamper and Super Cup while the strike is on.
We need more time to get into the groove and these 2 matches are perfect for it.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I agree Bojan, we are clearing not yet fit and these two games will help us get back our sharpness and also help Sanchez and Cesc intergrate into the team.

Home of Barca Fans