2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

e28makaveli

I disagree with that kind of an attitude and i'm really glad to see Pep and the players don't share it either.Football and every other sport are played for the trophies,at the end of the day that's what counts.Who cares if Barca played a nearly brilliant game 2 years ago against Arsenal when at the end of the day all we got was a 2:2 score?We played a fantastic second half against Real last year in Copa del rey and yet we conceded a goal and lost.

I love watching Barca,i had a terrific time watching them against Napoli even though nothing was at stake but to say i was extatic when we won the Supercup and especially against Madrid,would be an understatement.Did we played great?Not even close.

Attractive football without titles is a circus,that's Arsenal...attractive football with titles and accomplishments,that's what defines this generation,that's Barca.
Amen to that.

e28makaveli

great teams win matches that they have no business winning. considering who we were missing, who was playing out of position, and how off form everyone was, I'll freaking take it.

I don't wanna see people bitching about FCB "only" winning 2-0 and playing like "shit" ... cuz you people make me sick. Enjoy the fact that this team is capable of winning titles when not at 100% and please remember that we are still in August.

Anyone who complains is either spoiled or needs to better manage their expectations. This is a team of mortals after all and there will be bad days just like yesterday. Also, the pitch was horrible and that would work against a team that relies on precsision passing on the ground.

Congrats to our boys again for bringing home another troph. Great goal by Fabregas. Very refreshing to have such a goal minded midfielder in the mix. Look at how much distance he covered before that goal. His acceleration was amazing.

Messi is KING.

Last edited:

e28makaveli

Yes, Pep gets results but it must be said that he is a great leader of men. You just have to admire the guy, especially the way he interacts with his players. Playful enough but still in control. Now, that is my kind of leader.

With my favourite team speaking spanish as their first language, I may need to start taking some lessons :)

LaMessiah

I find it hilarious the things that are being nitpicked after a 2-0 win against the reigning portuguese/europa league champs on a field not suitable for mls games.

goope

I really liked the referee. A very sympathic man.
He apologised to Valdes because he destroyed the advantage of Barca scoring a goal (Villa & Messi vs 1 defender and 1 goalkeeper) and gave free kick because of a fault on Mascherano.
He almost apologised to the Porto player for giving him the second yellow, still he gave it because it was a yellow and it doesn't matter if it's your first or your second, if it's the first minute playing or if it's your birthday. A yellow is a yellow. Very correct referee. Like the one from the CL final 2011.
But I even prefer this one. He was so sympathic. Even tried to talk to Messi in one situation. He might have thought to himself "Hey, if you aren't a Spanish or a usual CL referee you don't get the chance very often to talk to Messi." Cool guy.

Galning

He is the owner of a small chain of supermarkets in the east of the Netherlands. The UEFA have been pushing him to give up on the job but he doesn't want it.
Sounds like nice guy indeed.

Home of Barca Fans