CA River Plate

Pepe Silvia

Is that "1 Descenso" photoshopped or what??? If not, I'd be interested to know how river plate fans feel about having that plastered on the side of the monumental. Seems like something you'd want to forget and not have something so tragic listed with your accomplishments... ?

View attachment 5752

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Looking at San Lorenzo's match record I am hoping a win for river. Maybe Trezeguet should start this? I was still a little scared in the second half vs Tigre despite the early goal it looked like most of the match they weren't attacking. I was also watching the game in a shitty quality so I might be wrong, but it also looked like Tigre was carrying most of possession during the last 20 minutes of the game. Which kind of brings me to Barovero's mistake that led to Tigre's second goal. That was honestly very clumsy of him to do that, but I can't say he had a bad performance for that since he has made some impressive saves specially thorough out the second half. Luna came in as a substitute but the shot that sent the ball to the top post could of really ended Tigre's pride :D! Well I am pretty excited for the next game. But I am saving my singing for el superclasico (oct. 28th CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!), that's where I will be chanting: SOS CAGON till my throat burns!! :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
CASLA isn't as brutal as last year but they've been pretty weak after their opening game, River really should beat them even without Trezeguet (who I think is still out). Hopefully this means more chances for Keko Villava, also I really liked the Luna signing.

Barovero made some mistakes but a lot of it was miscommunication with the defense, when you consider that was his second game with the club it's natural. He's been one of the best keepers in Argentina and I still trust him over Vega.

The attack is getting better and better, for the first time in a while River is playing some fast, attacking football again, but the defense definitely needs work.

On the other hand there's renewed stories in Italy about Napoli and Fiorentina chasing after Cirigliano. Violanews says Passarella is in Florence right now, and while he's exactly the crack DM that Fiorentina needs long term, that would be a huge loss, much more than Ocampos was.

Glad to see someone else regularly watching around here.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Who are the best/most important players for River?

Currently:
Leo Ponzio (La Liga veteran with Zaragoza splitting DM/CM duties with Cirgliano, has been consistently good at what's asked of him)

Cirigliano (DM, best overall prospect right now, hasn't looked great lately but was their best overall midfielder last year and is still a cornerstone of the midfield)

Trezeguet (When healthy, has become more of a second striker in his twilight, still class)

Rogelio Funes Mori (The main finisher lately, incredibly inconsistent but when on he looks like something special)

Carlos Sanchez (Uruguayan winger, was great in the first half last year and has gone back to that form in the Primera)

Lanzini (19 year old AM/winger who was on loan in Brazil last year, has gotten more chances since Ocampos was sold)

Keko Villalva (Second striker who makes Messi look like a giant, was the youngest player to ever play for River when he made his debut at 16 in 2009. Slowed down by a serious career threatening injury, since recovering last year he's been used mainly as a sub and has impressed in the chances given. I hope to see more of him, he always looks good when given a chance to me)

Maidana (River's most reliable defender right now...which is not that big of an accomplishment. Might go to Zaragoza on loan, which would be stupid)

Barovero (Newly acquired keeper, was consistently one of the league's best, if not the best, with Velez)

Other names worth mentioning: Ariel Rojas, Carlos Luna, Gonzalez Perez, Pezzella, Ramiro Funes Mori

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans