Rate these managers

Yellowmustard

Currently how would you rate/grade these managers.

EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = A+ ( Greatest manager ever imo. Wish he was better in Europe. Still a legend tho.)
Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = A ( Even though his team is falling apart, I think he's still a genius. I predict he will win the Champions League this year without Nasri or Fabregas .
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = C ( Won everything with Porto, Probably will be fired by Christmas.)
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = B+ ( Won 3 Titles back to back with Inter. Reminds me of Jose Mourinho without the Charisma. Seems like a nice guy though)
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = A- ( I like Kenny alot. He's gonna bring Liverpool back to the top 4)

La Liga
Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = A ( I don't even need to say why this guy is awesome.)
Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A ( I like him alot. Even after what he said about Barca. He's got alot of heart. Would never want him to manage United tho.)
Unai Emery - Valencia = B ( Kinda Underated imo)

Serie A
Massimiliano Allegri - Milan = B ( Seems to be getting Milan back to the glory days, then again I don't watch Serie A that much)
Gian Piero Gasperini - Inter = ( I don't really know much about this guy. )

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = A- ( I like Kenny alot. He's gonna bring Liverpool back to the top 4)

He won't get Liverpool back in the top 4.

Signing average players like Downing, Adam, Enrique and Henderson.. That's not a team for Champions League football.. They'll finish 6/7th this season.. again.

He's only Liverpool's manager because he's an ex player.. He's not a good manager.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = A ( Even though his team is falling apart, I think he's still a genius. I predict he will win the Champions League this year without Nasri or Fabregas .

:eusa_think:

lol3.gif

HerpDerp

André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = C ( Won everything with Porto, Probably will be fired by Christmas.)
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = B+ ( Won 3 Titles back to back with Inter. Reminds me of Jose Mourinho without the Charisma. Seems like a nice guy though)

:rofl1:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = A-
Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = D
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = B (/incomplete)
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = C
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = B (/incomplete)

La Liga
Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = B+
Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A-
Unai Emery - Valencia = B

Serie A
Massimiliano Allegri - Milan = B+
Gian Piero Gasperini - Inter = B

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = A
Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = D
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = Too early to say.
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = C
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = A (biased)

La Liga
Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = A
Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A- (and an A+ in being a douche)
Unai Emery - Valencia = B+

Serie A
Massimiliano Allegri - Milan = B
Gian Piero Gasperini - Inter = C (so far)

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Im even extending the list a bit ...

EPL

Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = B+ (I always felt like he wasnt the greatest tactician. Like i still believe it was Queiroz who implemented Utds full fluid 460 system that won them their last CL title. Since then i dont see a philosophy at Utd anymore (like Barca or Arsenal clearly have). But Ferguson still has amazing leadership and total control over his club.)

Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = A- (Probably the only top team manager who makes profit from player sales and is still among the top5-6 clubs in europe by establishing a unique style to Arsenal and keeping it up despite losing key players regularly. Still not able to 'bring it to the end' and form a title-winning team for years now)
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = A? (Hard to judge after a fantastic season in Porto, that showed tactically brilliance from him as well as charisma and leadership. Was still only a single season)

Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = C (Never felt he is sth special, at least i never saw sth special from him tactically or whatever. For me hes just a manager who puts random players on the pitch and hopes it works out somehow ... thats my impression at least ... his titles with Inter are impressive though, but Serie A is dead anyway, so ...)

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = - (cant rate as i dont know him enough as a coach)

La Liga

Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = A (Has the best player material which makes it easy for him. He still added perhaps the last missing piece to the puzzle when he started at Barca (the intense pressing) and shows enormous leadership. Also impressive how he is tactially still improving his team by experimenting ... bringing in Ibra and discarding him one year after he seemingly didnt work out is sth not everyone dares to do.)

Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A (I hardly believe anyone knows better to tactically set a team to the most optimal system and choosing players for a given situation. It looks negative sometimes, but it prolly has to when you are the underdog. Besides that he has unmatched leadership and charisma.)
Unai Emery - Valencia = - (Cant rate)

Serie A
Massimiliano Allegri - Milan = -
Gian Piero Gasperini - Inter = -

Bundesliga

Jürgen Klopp - Borussia Dortmund: A (Like all great managers, he combines impressive leaderhip esp. towards young players (somehow he acts like the older brother) with great tactical knowledge which he impressively turned into practice in Dortmund with a very young and inexperienced team.)

Felix Magath - VfL Wolfsburg: B (reminds me a lot on Mourinho from his tactical approach. Knows a lot how to counter opposing tactics and is able to find a good basic tactic with his available players and establish it. He is still kinda stubborn and his leadership is questionable)

Jupp Heynckes - Bayern Munich: C+ (Let his Leverkusen team play more modern than his age would make you believe. But he is still seemingly making the same mistakes, that van Gaal was fired for in Munich now. Actually the same players that were playing last year already are now even more clueless on the pitch it seems - so you got the impression that he doesnt know how to handle it yet. He also seems to be heavily influenced by the bavarian directors, esp. Hoeneß - like putting Lahm on LB is a horrible choice as he cant cross with his left foot, but is supposed to be the big solution for the LB position according to Bayerns management... )

Birdy

Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = B+ (I always felt like he wasnt the greatest tactician. Like i still believe it was Queiroz who implemented Utds full fluid 460 system that won them their last CL title. Since then i dont see a philosophy at Utd anymore (like Barca or Arsenal clearly have). But Ferguson still has amazing leadership and total control over his club.)

Most people dont realise and dont give him the credit of being a great tactician.. But, he really is...
Even if Keiroz (who fails on his own) thought the 4-3-3/4-6-0, after he left ferguson implemented great ideas (4-4-1-1) that won titles and without the presence of Ronaldo and Tevez..
His new 4-4-2/4-2-4 that thrased City at the community game, is another great tactical experiment..
He doesnot change his philosophy and does not yield to the temporary.. He is not tinkering.. he builds a side with his own identity... He should be proud of it, even though it can result in thrasings (CL final...)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = A-
Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = C+
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = D+*
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = F-
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = B+

La Liga
Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = A+
Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A-
Unai Emery - Valencia = D+

Serie A
Massimiliano Allegri - Milan = F
Gian Piero Gasperini - Inter = F

* AVB is really too early in his career to properly rate. So far so good for him though.

Yellowmustard

Most people dont realise and dont give him the credit of being a great tactician.. But, he really is...
Even if Keiroz (who fails on his own) thought the 4-3-3/4-6-0, after he left ferguson implemented great ideas (4-4-1-1) that won titles and without the presence of Ronaldo and Tevez..
His new 4-4-2/4-2-4 that thrased City at the community game, is another great tactical experiment..
He doesnot change his philosophy and does not yield to the temporary.. He is not tinkering.. he builds a side with his own identity... He should be proud of it, even though it can result in thrasings (CL final...)
Nice post.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United = A
Arsene Wenger - Arsenal = B
André Villas-Boas - Chelsea = A-
Roberto Mancini - Manchester City = C+
Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool = B

La Liga
Josep Guardiola - Barcelona = A-
Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid = A