European super league

M

mitkoa7x

I read about some of the grand clubs (including Barca) wanting to leave UEFA cuz they are fed up with their crap. Is there any truth to this?

nebeer

Love is All
Wasn't there a lot about this Euro League a year or so back, and most Probably Perez is a strong advocate for this. Though playing 2 leagues would be very taxing on the players, especially if the Euro League also consists of 20 teams.

jamrock

it will happen one day i am sure, football is not be monetized to the fullest extent, so i am sure the big boys will one day start something like a super league.

M

mitkoa7x

I think the CL's magic comes from the possibility of a great matchup. It would be stupid if only the top clubs competed, we would get huge games every week and that will ruin the feel.

Ash1899

If there was to be a 20 team Euro super league, who do you guys think would be in it?

Off the top of my head: Inter, Barca, Man Utd, Milan, Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool would be shoe ins

Maybes: Man City, Roma, Lyon, Marseille, Porto, Benfica, Valencia, Atletico, PSG, Sevilla, Tottenham, Napoli, Dinamo Kiev, CSKA, Zenit, Shakhtar, Dortmund, Schakle

jamrock

indeed indeed, evidence is in the run of four classico's, the football would also get really negative if all these top teams are facing each other on a regular basis. but it will happen at some point in the future. it makes too much sense of all the decision making stakeholders.

Barcafan 2304

If there was to be a 20 team Euro super league, who do you guys think would be in it?

Off the top of my head: Inter, Barca, Man Utd, Milan, Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool would be shoe ins

Maybes: Man City, Roma, Lyon, Marseille, Porto, Benfica, Valencia, Atletico, PSG, Sevilla, Tottenham, Napoli, Dinamo Kiev, CSKA, Zenit, Shakhtar, Dortmund, Schakle

Some might laugh but i think you could add Celtic and Rangers to that. Ok, the SPL is shit but these are 2 huge clubs and in this set-up, they would be big draws

Birdy

A good idea would be to create an original champions league, only for the champions.. 15-20 teams maybe.. the idea was around some years ago..
For example for the next year, you would have Barca, Utd, Milan, Porto, Dortmund, Lille, Ajax etc
you would loose same possible great matches between non-champions from the top leagues, but you would really rejuvenate the competition.
The local championships would be treated differently also, as there would be no CL places, only the championship..

And much important : Europa league would be completely different.. It will be massively upgraded with all the rest top teams there..

Idk.. I like the CL as it is now, but sometimes i feel it is not fair for the 4th teams in the local tables to compete at the same basis with the champions from some others.. Some times i want to see a true Champions league

Home of Barca Fans