Chainsaw

Killahead
Sergio-Araujo.jpg

Full name: Sergio Ezequiel Araujo
Date of birth: January 28, 1992
Place of birth: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Height: 1.80 cm
Playing position: Forward

Real Madrid have the first option to sign him, but Araujo would rather not join up with the Santiago Bernabeu side, and claims he doesn't enjoy watching Jose Mourinho's team in action.

"I have always watched the great teams in La Liga since I was a kid: Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. I never watch Real Madrid. They don't have any players who I like, not even Cristiano Ronaldo."

"I watched last season's Champions League final at home with two friends and jumped off the couch to celebrate Lionel Messi's goal. He's my favourite Barcelona player. He plays different for Barca than for Argentina because he has brilliant team-mates like Xavi and Iniesta."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Worthy enough.
Like those words,are Barça interested in the kid?

Barca has shown interest in the kid on several occasions. Whether their interests will get any more serious is another matter.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would love for this rumour to be true...Probably start with Barca B but looks the part, far more than say Keirrison ever did

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
After recent experiences in the cases of Keirrison & Henrique... The board wants to get the player on loan with a buy-out clause. The parent club refusing to accept such a deal

Chainsaw

Killahead
After recent experiences in the cases of Keirrison & Henrique... The board wants to get the player on loan with a buy-out clause. The parent club refusing to accept such a deal

Yep EMD reported 2 days ago that Barca want to set up an initial 12-month loan arrangement with the view to signing Araujo permanently for €10 million. They usually refuse such offers but let' see.

ivan22

"I have always watched the great teams in La Liga since I was a kid: Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. I never watch Real Madrid. They don't have any players who I like, not even Cristiano Ronaldo."

we should sign him just because of this quote! I like him already, and what a goal!

some info/quotes I found

Barcelona are close to signing Boca Juniors forward Sergio Araujo (19) for the B-team, despite the initial asking price of 10M. [md]
Barcelona have offered to sign Boca Juniors forward Sergio Araujo on loan for the B-team, with a buy option. [ole]
Barcelona and Boca Juniors, in Barcelona for Espanyol friendly, will this week hold talks on a loan of Boca forward Sergio Araujo (19). [m]
Araujo (Boca): "I'm happy about Barça's interest. I'd switch between first and B team. But at this moment an exit seems difficult." [copa]
Ameal (president Boca): "Araujo? We don't have any official information about Barça's interest. He sure won't leave on loan." [com radio]
Araujo (Boca): "I'm very happy that a big club like Barça is interested in me, but I have to stay calm because I'm still at Boca." [el9]
Araujo: "My agent told me that if it will happen, it'll be in the coming days. I'm calm, if they really want me, they'll do what is needed."
Jorge Amor Ameal (president Boca): "Araujo is different, he'd fit in any team. The world will talk about him." [com radio]

Chainsaw

Killahead
"If he stays with us, I will be happy. But if he comes here to Barcelona, I will be happy as well. Wherever he plays, he has to be happy. He is a player with a big future and let's hope he does whatever he wants to do." Juan Roman Riquelme said about the future of team-mate Sergio Araujo after a friendly match that he had with his club Boca Juniors against Espanyol. "We want to enjoy him for a long time. He is a great player and he is fan of our club, so we'll see what happens."

"I come to Barcelona every year on holiday. But it's special to come back here and play football - we really enjoyed the experience."

Home of Barca Fans