Sergio Araujo

F

Flavia

MD is reporting the deal is not done yet. Apparently barça denied closing it, despite argentinian media saying it is a done deal.

Isaac_Cuenca23

I have seen him play for Argentina's U17 team a couple of years ago and he looked like a good prospect. He's a skilful forward who can also play as a left winger. A good dribbler more than a pure goalscorer.

He hasn't played much for Boca's first team so it's hard to say how he has progressed but would be an interesting addition to the B team.

F

Flavia

Barça B close two-year loan deal for Sergio Araujo

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 07/25/2012 19:41
The Club reserves the right to purchase the Argentine player, who will be on loan to Barça B for the next two seasons from Boca Juniors

Araujo passed his medical and he signed his new Barça B contract

2012-07-25_REVISION_MEDICA_SERGIO_ARAUJO_009.v1343237847.jpg

Sergio Araujo is officially a new Barça B player. The Argentine, who is on loan from Boca Juniors, will wear the Azulgrana colours for the next two seasons. Barça reserve the right to purchase Argentine at the conclusion of his two-year loan deal.

After FC Barcelona announced that the Club had arrived to terms with Boca Juniors for the player on Tuesday, the Argentine forward passed his medical and signed his contract on Wednesday.

The singing ceremony was attended by Araujo’s family, director of football Andoni Zubizarreta and the director responsible for Barça’s youth system, Jordi Mestre.

2012-07-25_FIRMA_CONTRATO_SERGIO_ARAUJO_010-Optimized.v1343238499.jpg

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Speaking to the media, here's what ARAUJO had to say:

"I imagine myself playing alongside MESSI, Xavi, INIESTA, MASCHERANO. These players are a group, I can’t pick a favourite."

"I'm very happy to realise the dream of joining Barca. Barcelona are the best club in the world and I'll give it my all to play for the first team as soon as possible."

"The Barca train came by last year, when the club came looking for me, and now that I’ve signed, I don’t think I’m ever going to get off."

Butaan4barca

Speaking to the media, here's what ARAUJO had to say:

"I imagine myself playing alongside MESSI, Xavi, INIESTA, MASCHERANO. These players are a group, I can’t pick a favourite."

"I'm very happy to realise the dream of joining Barca. Barcelona are the best club in the world and I'll give it my all to play for the first team as soon as possible."

"The Barca train came by last year, when the club came looking for me, and now that I’ve signed, I don’t think I’m ever going to get off."

Ambitious and humble.

King Leo

Banned
That's the attitude we wonna see. I too imagine him playing along Messi, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta someday soon. I hope we stop chasing Neymar and start focusing on the likes of of Araujo and Deulofeu. We missed our chance last summer when we signed Alexis instead of Aguero but now we got our own Aguero.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Exactly dude I think we should stick to our youth though I feel you are over-hyping its a good start, we've got all we need for the new season as far as the attack is concerned and unless we are forced we should try not to spend ridiculous amount of money on anyone just focus and give a chance to the youngsters.

Last edited:

Maria

That's the attitude we wonna see. I too imagine him playing along Messi, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta someday soon. I hope we stop chasing Neymar and start focusing on the likes of of Araujo and Deulofeu. We missed our chance last summer when we signed Alexis instead of Aguero but now we got our own Aguero.

Aguero was better at 17 then Araujo is at 20..he was only bought for the B team, but I can't help but like his confidence.

Home of Barca Fans