Players you feel should of had more time.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
For Whichever Club you Support.

For me, Veron. Quality Quality player, could run any game he played in, one of the best players in the world in his time. Gutted when we sold him to Chelsea.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
That's a toughie.

Though there are a few I felt should have stayed longer.

Titi Camara was immense for us in 99-00 and with an injury plagued Fowler he supported Owen well and scored some cracking goals. Though we didn't miss him the following season, I was disappointed at the time when we sold him.

But the big one for me was Jari Litmanen. We signed him in the middle of the 00-01 season from Barca and he was fucking class act. He gave us guile, class and great vision, he should of been for us what Bergkamp was for Arsenal. Houllier stupidly sold him the next season and we lost out on his abilities big time. It was a great opportunity wasted for us.

El Gato

Villarato!
Easy one.
Makelele. Don't really have to explain why.

I would have also given Morientes more time in line-up. Too bad he was a victim of Galactico transfer policies.

Cambiasso and Solari could have stayed too, and Robinho if his brain didn't implode.

Robbie

Jose Antonio Reyes

I don't know about more time, but I wish he had stayed longer with us. Reyes in our 2007-2008 squad would have been scoring for fun.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Really good topic and if my brain wasn't shot to bits I would contribute more, but for now I shal simply say..

Juan Roman Riquelme.

Van Gaal never gave him a fair try and started to shine under Raddy then Laporta and Rosell tossed him out.. could he have worked with Dinho and Xavi? I don't care, because he is awesome.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Riquelme? That cancer was ran out of town before it was too late. It's a shame he couldn't stay sane longer at Villarreal though, he was a joy to watch there.

Never knew why Barca didn't hold on to Sorin or Davids though.

And Sexy Lopez, duh.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
also, not a player, but Henk Ten Caate's absence was sorely felt in the last two years of Rijkaard's reign. he was the stern Drill-Sargent to Rijkaard's easy-going Colonel. or somethin'.

Chygrinskiy21

should have... should 'of' means nothing.

I thought Cocu and Luis Enrique should have stayed beyond 2004, if maybe just for a season, to have a shot of ending the drought and retiring on a high note.

Home of Barca Fans