Xherdan Shaqiri

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Xherdan Shaqiri
Born: 10 October 1991
Club: FC Basel

I think he'll be a top player in a few years time. I wonder if any big club will buy him..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He had a great U-20 tourney in Denmark...He's a Basel youth product and Basel are similar to Barca in terms of their structure & fanbase...He knows he will be sold but won't force a transfer...His contract expires in December this year but I suspect he will be sold by then...He can really be a great winger...Rumours of him going to Germany but my money would be on Germany or Italy

ivan22

you forgot his stunner against england:
he was 18 back then. I remember this goal very good. I was in an english pub in switzerland (I'm swiss btw) and we were watching the game. I dont like the NT of switzerland very much (only the player from FC Basel, my local team), just wanted to see the swiss getting owned by england. but when he scored this beauty we were the only one screming in the pub. was epic!

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
you forgot his stunner against england:
he was 18 back then. I remember this goal very good. I was in an english pub in switzerland (I'm swiss btw) and we were watching the game. I dont like the NT of switzerland very much (only the player from FC Basel, my local team), just wanted to see the swiss getting owned by england. but when he scored this beauty we were the only one screming in the pub. was epic!

Good goal. I like Shaqiri and the guy that has joined Fulham.. Kasami. Switzerland have a few talented young players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rumours in Suisse that Shaqiri might be Bayern Munchen bound, possibly to remain at Basel for a season more...It would make sense since Basel has a history of transactions with German clubs, easier transition for a Basel native like Shaqiri too...Would be a nice backup to Robben, at least initially, since we all know Robben is injury prone

ivan22

he recently said he loves spanish football. every player like him would love to play there (thats what he said about himself)
but I dont think he will go to spain, more like bayern next season

Hatem Ben Arfa

WOW

He just scored a HAT-TRICK for Switzerland against Bulgaria in Euro 2012 qualifier!

An International Hat-Trick at 19 YEARS OLD! WOW

this boy really really reminds me of Lionel Messi!

Last edited:

ivan22

was so great to see him that confident last night! the third one was just:
tumblr_llthd3S2AA1qhqp7k.gif

8 games for NT, 4 goals. and still he's 19!

glad there's some talking about him in a barcaforum!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans