Xherdan Shaqiri

Theconomist

Milan and Inter are not development clubs.Juve is too much of a mess right now so I can't really say.Would love to see him at Dortmund or Valencia.

JonM

I remember him being a huge douchebag during the final of the Euro U21 last summer. Javi Martinez was not a fan.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I remember him being a huge douchebag during the final of the Euro U21 last summer. Javi Martinez was not a fan.

Javi Martinez owned his ass, because that is all he had to do all game. Shaqiri though was trying very hard though, something I admired about him that tournament.

Fantastic player, so much will and strength of character every time I have seen him play. Why is everyone here is so quick to point out faults of others to down grade the performance of a non-barcelona player?

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Javi Martinez owned his ass, because that is all he had to do all game. Shaqiri though was trying very hard though, something I admired about him that tournament.

Fantastic player, so much will and strength of character every time I have seen him play. Why is everyone here is so quick to point out faults of others to down grade the performance of a non-barcelona player?

thats not about d-grading a non-barca player.
It's just that after a fantastic team performance by Basel, most of the fuss is just about Shaqiri, who IMO was really selfish at some times.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
thats not about d-grading a non-barca player.
It's just that after a fantastic team performance by Basel, most of the fuss is just about Shaqiri, who IMO was really selfish at some times.

he is sometimes selfish he does have a bit i wanna do it all attitude. at 20 hardly something id hold against him considrring he is ambitious.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
without shaqiri they wouldnt have beaten mancs..........agree with raed, he has the same exact qualities that we all love thiago for

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Let's not sweep under the rug that Javi has some doucheness about him, however...He was far & away the strongest player in that tourney and bullied any key player from the opposition

I'd agree on Shaqiri's diving, it's a more recent phenomena (Last year or 2)...I find he's accepted that he can gain some key fks from going to ground rather than having the courage to stay on his feet...I think, again, a move to a bigger club might help him learn to finish his moves

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Were it not for Shaqiri Basel would have never scored last night, what a player though, replacement for Villa in 2 years???

Maria

Were it not for Shaqiri Basel would have never scored last night, what a player though, replacement for Villa in 2 years???

:facepalm:
Only if we shift from a 4-3-3 to 1-3-6 just so we could buy all the young talent from Europe(Gotze, Eriksen, Shaqiri) & Neymar, while at the same time trying not to be hypocrite and keep Pedro, Cuenca, Deulofeu, Rafinha & Messi.

jamrock

stop hating, all "great" players are selfish, he is clearly the best player on the team as he will be selfish, without him basel would not have scored, what did you guys want for him to setup another two goals

Home of Barca Fans