Alejandro Grimaldo

hulinat

Digne is trash compared to Grimaldo. Last season when Alba was injured it was the perfect opportunity for Grimaldo to show what he can do with the 1st team but Lucho would rather play Mathieu and Adriano as lb.

JamDav1982

Digne is trash compared to Grimaldo. Last season when Alba was injured it was the perfect opportunity for Grimaldo to show what he can do with the 1st team but Lucho would rather play Mathieu and Adriano as lb.

A loan would have been perfect opportunity for him to show Barca what he could do in Primera as well.

He turned down the loan as has been speaking to Benfica behind the clubs back and agreed a deal. His head was elsewhere.

Lucho did right thing.

xXKonan

Digne is nowhere near trash.

I swear people have been Overhyping Grimaldo like crazy and I even seen some people think he's better than Alba. :lol: Grimaldo is talented and we likely fucked up in letting him go but people really need to be more grounded in reality at this moment.

he's young and still has time to improve before we could say he's better than Alba at this moment in time.

hulinat

where do you get this stuff? Its common for players to start looking for other clubs when your contract is expiring. He could have left for Benfica already in the summer but he didnt because he loves this club.

JamDav1982

where do you get this stuff? Its common for players to start looking for other clubs when your contract is expiring. He could have left for Benfica already in the summer but he didnt because he loves this club.

There was rumours that he had been speaking with an 'un named Portugese' club when he turned down the loan in August 2015.

Again, there was an option on his contract to extend it by a year anyway.

Spare me this 'loved the club' rubbish. He looked out for himself which is his right to do.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, you gotta admit the club not offering him a contract extension until he had a year left is kind of dumb.

JamDav1982

Well, you gotta admit the club not offering him a contract extension until he had a year left is kind of dumb.

The club had the option to extend it by a year though.

I think they gave up on that when it was clear he had been speaking to Benfica and had a deal on table already despite a full season to go and a years option.

When he then turned down the loan that was it he was gone.

Not all Grimaldos fault. It is his right to do what he wants with his career and Lucho for whatever reason didnt give him chances.

hulinat

There was rumours that he had been speaking with an 'un named Portugese' club when he turned down the loan in August 2015.

Again, there was an option on his contract to extend it by a year anyway.

Spare me this 'loved the club' rubbish. He looked out for himself which is his right to do.

Maybe go read his farewell message. Considering that he made his professional debut at 15, im sure he had plenty of chances to leave to England at 16 like the other kids but he stayed. Again, he never even got an app in the league with the 1st team like Deulofeu, Samper, Adama etc.

JamDav1982

Maybe go read his farewell message. Considering that he made his professional debut at 15, im sure he had plenty of chances to leave to England at 16 like the other kids but he stayed. Again, he never even got an app in the league with the 1st team like Deulofeu, Samper, Adama etc.

Dont expect him to say anything else in a fairwell message. Sorry.

He had decided to leave by time he had a year and an option of another one. I dont think Lucho cares what offers he turned down prior to that.

Digne is better more ready player for Barca now anyway.

Raketa10

Digne is trash?!?! Whaaaat? Jesus, this forum is sometimes beyond common sense.

hulinat

Digne is better more ready player for Barca now anyway.
more ready player for Barca than the one who came through the youth ranks? In 5 years Alba is done and Digne will have turned into an even more of a shit player than he is now after warming the bench for 5 years while Grimaldo is the best fullback in the world.

JamDav1982

more ready player for Barca than the one who came through the youth ranks? In 5 years Alba is done and Digne will have turned into an even more of a shit player than he is now after warming the bench for 5 years while Grimaldo is the best fullback in the world.

Yeah more ready than a player that came though the youth ranks.

There are far more players that get signed that are first team ready than those that come from B team first team ready. Always been that way always will.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to back up an argument...'Grimaldo to be best in world'

Alarcón

In 5 years Alba is done and Digne will have turned into an even more of a shit player than he is now after warming the bench for 5 years while Grimaldo is the best fullback in the world.

Please tell me what you're smoking, must be great stuff

Home of Barca Fans