Alejandro Grimaldo

khaled_a_d

I wish him the best. but this just shows how we can go overboard with hyping some players. After all Lucho doesn't look so wrong when he didn't play him afterall
Could see Sociedad going after him ,Eusebio has been always big fan of the kid and used him in many positions .LB/LW/DM/CM you name it.

Trickykid

I wish him the best. but this just shows how we can go overboard with hyping some players. After all Lucho doesn't look so wrong when he didn't play him afterall
Could see Sociedad going after him ,Eusebio has been always big fan of the kid and used him in many positions .LB/LW/DM/CM you name it.

According to the word on Twitter, Benfica fans are hoping he'll replace Eliseu next season, so I can't imagine a stepdown to Sociedad is on the cards anytime soon.

khaled_a_d

According to the word on Twitter, Benfica fans are hoping he'll replace Eliseu next season, so I can't imagine a stepdown to Sociedad is on the cards anytime soon.

Well,obviously if they feel they need him he will stay
Anyway ,seem he had good game tonight .wish him nothing but luck there
He is a player who always gave it all to his team

Galning

Kid spent half a season at a new club, arriving mid-season, with a seasoned player playing in his position and people are already claiming "Lucho was right because LOL he doesn't play any games". At least give it some time.

Galning

Must be. The guy has played only 270 minutes since he arrived. 3 games.

You base the likeliness of his post to be true on statistics? No, fans are indeed loving him and his performances have been good. Benfica have been following him for years, slowly integrating him into the team after arriving in the middle of the season. Eliseu turns 33 in a few months, Grimaldo will get his chances if he keeps it up.

khaled_a_d

Kid spent half a season at a new club, arriving mid-season, with a seasoned player playing in his position and people are already claiming "Lucho was right because LOL he doesn't play any games". At least give it some time.

The fact that he played 3-4 games in a way inferior team like Benfica doesn't suggest he earned 1st team football in a club like Barca which people wanted Lucho to do.
Remember ,it was Lucho decision not to bring him to 1st team .but it wasn't his decision to sell him .
The club offered him loan and rejected ,he wanted out .That is on him and the club not on the coach who didn't see him ready for 1st team.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You base the likeliness of his post to be true on statistics?
True, they do love him. Just thought it was strange that he has been benched by someone so shitty as Eliseu for most of the time since he arrived. And if 3 games is enough for the Benfica fans to judge him, then good for them.

Galning

The fact that he played 3-4 games in a way inferior team like Benfica doesn't suggest he earned 1st team football in a club like Barca which people wanted Lucho to do.
Remember ,it was Lucho decision not to bring him to 1st team .but it wasn't his decision to sell him .
The club offered him loan and rejected ,he wanted out .That is on him and the club not on the coach who didn't see him ready for 1st team.

You're discussing a totally different thing now. That he wanted out, I don't care, he was Barça B captain and arguably their best performer. If he wanted first team football, fine. He never even trained with Barça's first team let alone be considered as a first team substitute which he easily could've been. Don't see how Adriano or Mathieu have been performing great as substitute leftbacks the last few seasons. His choice, Lucho's choice. They both did what they thought was best for themselves. But saying Lucho was right based on this half season he's been away from Barça is silly. So desperate to jump to conclusions.

He is only 20 years old and as I said earlier joined a squad in mid-season with a veteran playing in his position. If this is evidence enough for you to say he was never good enough for Barça so be it.

khaled_a_d

You're discussing a totally different thing now. That he wanted out, I don't care, he was Barça B captain and arguably their best performer. If he wanted first team football, fine. He never even trained with Barça's first team let alone be considered as a first team substitute which he easily could've been. Don't see how Adriano or Mathieu have been performing great as substitute leftbacks the last few seasons. His choice, Lucho's choice. They both did what they thought was best for themselves. But saying Lucho was right based on this half season he's been away from Barça is silly. So desperate to jump to conclusions.

He is only 20 years old and as I said earlier joined a squad in mid-season with a veteran playing in his position. If this is evidence enough for you to say he was never good enough for Barça so be it.

Never good enough for Barca 1st team football this season

J

Jamie Cal

I'm with Khaled. We would all like a young La Masia to break through but it's simplistic to say Grimaldo was the answer to our problems. After he refused to go on loan, it's no surprise he was sold. Hopefully if he's good enough he'll make it back but in the mean time we need to get over it.

Home of Barca Fans