Luis Figo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
OK, he`s obviously not the most favorite player that ever played for FC Barcelona so I won`t go into details. I have some news though:

In an interview with El Pais Luis Figo said that it`s was not a lie when he said that he was going to stay at Barca and that his intention was always to continue playing in FC Barcelona.

View attachment 462

"I wasn`t lying when I said that I wanted to stay in Barcelona. President Nunez also knew that from the beginning," Figo said when asked about the interview with SPORT, back in summer of 2000 in which he argued that he wasn`t going to leave Blaugrana.

However, whats happened is in the past now and I know I became "the most hated man in Catalunya. "I assume my responsibility. It is normal if I leave Barca that people would hate me," said Figo

Counting his last days as a footballer, Figo said that he will visit Barcelona because the city remains an important part of his life "When I retire I`m going to return to Barcelona. Don`t know if the people will ask me for autographs, but I`ll be there. I still have great respect for the fans of FC Barcelona, I have a Catalan daughter and I met my wife there. For me it is an important place and I am proud of having played for Barca. Those were five years of my life that I`ll always remember favorably, "said Figo.

The Portuguese made a review of his days through the Barça team, noting that Cruyff was "the best coach possible," and that he made him grow as a player, Van Gaal was not "bad person or bad coach, but he was very heavy" and that Robson was "fun, an elderly man," but "had nothing to do with the philosophy of Barça."

Finally, Figo praised Guardiola and said he is delighted that he does so well with FC Barcelona and that he wishes he continues to do a good job "despite still being a partner of Madrid, because" friends come first, "in referring to himself and his former teammates like Guardiola, Xavi and Puyol.

Evil

Shabazz
Thanks for this article Bojan, but I still don´t forgive him and I doubt anyone will, nothing justifies what he did to us with that move ...

F

FC Barca11

Something about his agent forced him to move, if I remember correct..

He signed a pre-contract with Perez under the notion that Perez had no chance in winning. Perez won saying he'd already signed Figo. Neither Madrid nor Barca could believe it until the moving vans actually showed up at Figo's door....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He signed a pre-contract with Perez under the notion that Perez had no chance in winning. Perez won saying he'd already signed Figo. Neither Madrid nor Barca could believe it until the moving vans actually showed up at Figo's door....

Thanx for clearing it up. I did know he had an agreement with Perez but never knew he was such an underdog in elections

Zqa-

Okay.. I thought it was something about his agent pushing Barca for more money, and.. Yeah, you know..

Well, thanks for clearing that up.

F

FC Barca11

Thanx for clearing it up.

Well, thanks for clearing that up.

Glad to help. What has boggled my mind is that there actually was a time when Madrid were indiffernt to him, especially during the elections when he first ran. Nowadays, it seems they're just counting down the days till "El Senor" takes up his mantle again.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
When he moved, it was like taking a stab at the heart.

Do you forgive poeple who stab you in the heart normally?

maz

I walk the line
"I wanted to stay in Barca"

And i wanted to kill you. Unfortunately we dont all get what we want. Now go away.

M.L. King

The Preacher
The fact is he went to Madrid. For that matter only I'll never forget (maybe forgive, but never forget).

Home of Barca Fans