Yugi

23071220130764555961504.jpg

Name: Pol Ballesté López
Nationality: Spain
Born: 1995-08-22 (15 years)
Position: Goalkeeper
Height: 180 cm

http://twitter.com/#!/Polballeste1

Said to be most talented GK in Spain (along with De Gea), he is said to be Iker-like with passes like Valdes, will probably play between Juvenil B/Juvenil A next season and could reaplce one day Victor Valdes in net. Hot prospect with ideal age.

Last edited:

jamrock

talented indeed, wenger of course wanted to sign him, also like the look of sanchez, will be interested to see what he does at the U-20 wc

Onuphrius

So if everything goes well he will be Valdes' substitute in 2014-2015 season. And maybe after that season he could be our first choice? With Valdes as backup, we wouldnt have anything to worry about. Too bad for Miño, Oier and Masip though.

So he is part of Spains U-20 squad already? That is pretty damn impressive from a player who is just turning 16.

kevinsilvs

What about the new Goalie we just signed? José Aurelio Suárez? I thought he was suppose to be better than Pol Balleste... And he isn't in U20 Onuphrius, but Alex Sanchez, who was signed by Zaragoza last year from the Barça academy and has a buyback clause, is.

Wouterinho

Does anyone know how he's been doing lately?
And what about other GK's? I saw an other GK when Barca were playing in Qatar, but I have no idea what his name is...he played a really good game against PSG!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There's 3 great GKs in that team... it's a shame because none of them gets to play regularly. Not sure how the people arranging the teams thought.

SwiftGuyver

Wow! Seriously?! I thought he was the top GK prospect currently at the club! Thanks for the info mate!

Been a while since we had some real GK competition at La Masia! What are the other two keepers called?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
One of them is a new signing and he's named something Suarez (José Aurelio?), and then there's one of the Samuel Eto'o Foundation kids. His name is... I'll look it up, can't remember right now (Onana?)

Home of Barca Fans